Anyone listening to any podcasts?

mxz800

Instigator
Supporting Member
I've been listening to podcasts about the William Desmond Taylor murder.

Before that I listened to dirty rats about the winter hill gang.

I listen daily to the following Podcasts:

- The Matt Walsh Show
- Louder With Crowder
- The Ben Shapiro Show
- Elevation Church With Steven Furtick
Those are video casts? Not trying to be an ass, my son corrected me when I called a video cast a podcast. He loves to correct me.

Those are video casts? Not trying to be an ass, my son corrected me when I called a video cast a podcast. He loves to correct me.
They have video versions as well, I just listen to the podcast versions since it’s easier to do on the go.

Reactions: mxz800
What kind of topics do you want to listen to? I have been listening since 2008! I have plenty of recommendations. I even have one out there that 2 other cohosts and I created - we took a little break on it.

Reactions: Rick Flair
I have more podcasts saved then I have time to listen. Mostly listen to true crime, presidential history, war stories etc. while running errands. Tuesday I've got to drive down to Cape Cod Massachusetts, from Maine, I'll be listening to podcasts all the way. I was wondering if anyone else listened to podcasts.

I have even less time to read books the last one I read was 1776 written by David McCullough.

Last edited:
Up First, The Daily, Stuff You Should Know, Science Friday, Ologies, Criminal and the darker Sword and Scale

History/military history...... Dan Carlin.

Also adam corolla podcast can be fun.
He has a couple other series, including Common Sense which is political in nature. He evidently used to be a conservative commentator way back in the day.

The other big name in history podcasts is Mike Duncan with his classic The History of Rome series as well as Revolutions which is still ongoing.

American Biography was great and revolved around John Marshall, but he hasn't put anything out on a while. I think it's dead.

American Elections Wicked Game is very interesting and well made, but you can read between the lines with some of the maker's political feelings. Still, worth listening too.

The Fighter Pilot Podcast and Hairy are great for military stuff.

Reactions: Sancho
If you're looking to rage and also laugh your ass off at the same time about the current political climate I'd recommend The Nick Di Paolo Show. He's an accomplished Boston comic, been kicked off of virtually every platform, & speaks his mind without any filter at all. If you're turned off by obscenities you should avoid it entirely, but the reason I love his show is because I listen to him & fantasize about being able to speak my mind the same way he does without worrying about immediately losing my corporate career.

Reactions: Sancho
If you're looking to rage and also laugh your ass off at the same time about the current political climate I'd recommend The Nick Di Paolo Show. He's an accomplished Boston comic, been kicked off of virtually every platform, & speaks his mind without any filter at all. If you're turned off by obscenities you should avoid it entirely, but the reason I love his show is because I listen to him & fantasize about being able to speak my mind the same way he does without worrying about immediately losing my corporate career.
Damn. I have not heard about him in forever. This explains it. Screw corporate america.

He has a couple other series, including Common Sense which is political in nature. He evidently used to be a conservative commentator way back in the day.

The other big name in history podcasts is Mike Duncan with his classic The History of Rome series as well as Revolutions which is still ongoing.

American Biography was great and revolved around John Marshall, but he hasn't put anything out on a while. I think it's dead.

American Elections Wicked Game is very interesting and well made, but you can read between the lines with some of the maker's political feelings. Still, worth listening too.

The Fighter Pilot Podcast and Hairy are great for military stuff.

Thanks for the reccomendations! Gonna try them all.

Reactions: SkylinesSuck
Bumping this one...

I listen to Joe Rogan and Howard Stern (Sirius radio, not really a podcast).

I don't really agree with Stern's political views or views on Covid, but I've been listening since the 90's and used to watch his show on the E network. I mostly find it good mindless entertainment. Though I'm a bit burnt out since he's only 3 days a week and takes a lot of time off.

I'll have to lookup Adam Corolla, love his sense of humor.

I'll have to try some of the others mentioned above. I get bored at work often and sometimes listen to shows for 5+ hours a day.