Arizona Rock Crawling Daily Driver

Hope you didnt see me chuckle when you said you had a long drive to Tucson.

I enjoyed the drive, watched several people get pulled over and one of the lucky winners literally almost sideswiped a cop, the cop swerved onto the shoulder. He obviously didn't like that and immediately turned on his lights.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: RINC and Wildman
Never thought there'd be another place that would rival Chicago traffic in stupidity. However, I believe Tucson and Phoenix have the largest population of Chicagoans and Illinoisans outside of Chicago and Illinois. I know because I am one.

Never thought there'd be another place that would rival Chicago traffic in stupidity. However, I believe Tucson and Phoenix have the largest population of Chicagoans and Illinoisans outside of Chicago and Illinois. I know because I am one.

You should come to the Pacific Northwest. Some seriously inconsiderate, card carrying assholes hogging the left lane on all of I-5 going the speed limit (when you're not stuck in traffic) in all of Oregon and Washington. Only people that are worse than people from Oregon and Washington are the folks from British Columbia.

Snoozefest compared to Chicago and Tucson/Phoenix. One other place that comes close is south Florida.

Chicago, specifically the neighborhoods, is an interesting and purposeful free for all. Traffic laws don't matter and everyone pushes their way through. But it somehow works.

Chicago, specifically the neighborhoods, is an interesting and purposeful free for all. Traffic laws don't matter and everyone pushes their way through. But it somehow works.

When I lived in Turkey, people would squeeze as many cars as possible at an intersection waiting for the light to change. If I was on a 2 lane street, at least 6 cars would push up to the white/stop line at a red light. Then when the light turned green the race was on to squeeze back into the 2 lanes of travel. It was insane, but it worked.

The area I live in is one of the safest areas to drive in the country which is pretty cool. I’m not exactly sure what it is but all of our roads are fairly new and on a grid system which makes navigation incredibly easy.

• USA Proud
Reactions: RINC

If you're from there or live there long enough to expect it. It works.

Now bring that mentality to Arizona. And make everybody over 65 years old. Then add everybody else from all over the country. Then add Mexicans from Mexico.

When I lived in Chicago, people would squeeze as many cars as possible at an intersection waiting for the light to change. If I was on a 2 lane street, at least 6 cars would push up to the white/stop line at a red light. Then when the light turned green the race was on to squeeze back into the 2 lanes of travel. It was insane, but it worked.

Lol see what I did there.

Reactions: jjvw
If you're from there or live there long enough to expect it. It works.

Now bring that mentality to Arizona. And make everybody over 65 years old. Then add everybody else from all over the country. Then add Mexicans from Mexico.

Lol see what I did there.

Each intersection gets an added lane for the next 150ft. Pass on the right. Every block, at every stop sign. 🤣

When I lived in Turkey, people would squeeze as many cars as possible at an intersection waiting for the light to change. If I was on a 2 lane street, at least 6 cars would push up to the white/stop line at a red light. Then when the light turned green the race was on to squeeze back into the 2 lanes of travel. It was insane, but it worked.

We still have enough room on the roads to allow people to simply drive in the direction they are looking. Wanna go over there? Just go that way! Turn around anywhere you want to. No worries. Nothing matters!

Reactions: zebra12
Are we sure Mexicans are from Mexico?

51499D7B-1606-442C-9DAD-F2E6B258CB1C.jpeg

Are we sure Mexicans are from Mexico?

When I lived in Albuquerque, the city put up speed and red light cameras all over the city. I decided as immature humor/protest response, to put a license plate on my car from Chihuahua, Mexico. After a short time driving I realized it was like I was invisible to Albuquerque PD, no one stopped me, no matter how I drove.

Well, whoever is driving those cars with Sonora Mexico license plates, they are the most polite rules of the road abiding driving citizens I have ever seen. That does not mix well with everybody else around here.

Well, whoever is driving those cars with Sonora Mexico license plates, they are the most polite rules of the road abiding driving citizens I have ever seen. That does not mix well with everybody else around here.

That is a good thing, because unlike when we drive into Mexico, no one here is checking to see if our Mexican friends have insurance.