Arizona Rock Crawling Daily Driver

Geo correction brackets are here!
CA4800B8-19E5-4E90-9560-8977C32CA488.jpeg

Did you not cut the U off the back? It’s my understanding if you do not cut the U it adds lift height
i cut the bracket loose and bopped it with a mallot and it jumped right up there, (never even pulled the springs). then got it to lay level and welded that sucker back in. i did trim some off the back end of the passenger side to get it that close to the TB mount.

Had I known pics of my out of position-hood shoved up against the bottom of the tub- I can't fucking see- this is fully fucked and I hate myself right now-welds were going to be shown with such detail, I would have practiced up a bit more, those look like shit.
a table is a dam luxury.............i have several welds i'd be reluctant to show off due to being crammed up in some ungodly position to reach into an area i can't see in. and a missed line is not anywhere in the ballpark of some of the gobs we see.

• Haha
Reactions: JMT
Had I known pics of my out of position-hood shoved up against the bottom of the tub- I can't fucking see- this is fully fucked and I hate myself right now-welds were going to be shown with such detail, I would have practiced up a bit more, those look like shit.
Than practice grinding.

Savvifying my UCF skids. I have picked rocks out of the Allen head buttons and reached up between the skid and trans pan to thread nuts on for the last time.
View attachment 244629View attachment 244630
That isn't how Savvy does it. Anything other than the frame screws that holds a skid or similar on that can get the heads smeared on rocks gets through bolted. The reason for that is even if the head is smeared, you can still get a wrench on the nut and get stuff loose that way. I spent way too many hours welding nuts to the heads of bolts that were threaded into something for it to be any other way.

That isn't how Savvy does it. Anything other than the frame screws that holds a skid or similar on that can get the heads smeared on rocks gets through bolted. The reason for that is even if the head is smeared, you can still get a wrench on the nut and get stuff loose that way. I spent way too many hours welding nuts to the heads of bolts that were threaded into something for it to be any other way.
That makes sense... I didn’t think about that. @Alex01 read this before you do anything.

Reactions: Alex01
That makes sense. you're right that the nut is a redundant measure to insure you can get it off.

I will say though I do feel like I get added value from the welder everytime I weld a nut to a bolt/screw 🤣

Reactions: starkey480
That makes sense. you're right that the nut is a redundant measure to insure you can get it off.

I will say though I do feel like I get added value from the welder everytime I weld a nut to a bolt/screw 🤣
I suppose I will be getting some welder use if I smoosh the phillips too badly

• Haha
Reactions: Alex01
Today is going to be a big day. I’m doing: Geo Correction, relocating upper spring perches, and new rear lower shock brackets in that order.

Right now I have the longest rear TJ ranchos (~10” travel) and they still aren’t near long enough for how much my pinion is rotated back. Even with the relocation brackets I am at 6” uptravel and 4” down. On top of that I squished my driver side bracket pretty bad. My plan is to use Barnes stock replacement brackets and split my travel 50/50 on the 10” shocks. This will move my lower brackets up out of the rocks as well. I will also be able to ditch my relocation brackets which is nice. I would also like to try and move the brackets outwards inside the lower control arm mounts but we will see if the shock can clears the frame at full stuff.

Lots to do!