Arizona Rock Crawling Daily Driver

They are a little cold with too much tip movement. The ridge down the middle is the heat indicator.
I put down a hot root pass with very little side to side movement to fill a gap that was in there first. Then the one shown is my filler on top. Is the bigger tip movement still bad on a filler pass?

I always joke that I’m semi-retired at 27 years old, but damn life is good.
8EFD11E0-70C6-4A40-BA43-497227FB49C2.jpeg

Both towers burned in, lowers relocated, cutting is all done. Next up is to cycle, burn the perches in, and put the shock mounts where I want.

I’m taking forever on this. My exhaust didn’t work with the new towers so I had to cut it and run a turn down after the muffler for now until I have more time. Here is what the springs look like with full weight on them and the lower perches relocated
515A39B8-B903-477A-BB76-DCCE480A8D1A.jpeg
Here’s old bumpstop alignment
6F34650E-57FE-46F3-8389-58EAF3DDC8D4.jpeg

Here’s new
380F94D2-2085-4C32-8240-A816CA030939.jpeg

Are you going to relocate the upper perches or keep them in the stock location?

Looking good. Having a great time in Coalville, UT! I’ll be in Moab tomorrow. Hurry up! 😉
Man I’m trying. Keep running into stupid shit.
And my dad keeps talking about how we should set up his Jeep next week (highlines, corners, geo correction) LOL. I need a break after this. On the bright side I told him I would be super motivated to do his geo correction if he got me a plasma cutter to use for it and I think he’s going to buy one!

Question regarding the relocation brackets, more specifically the lower control arm brackets on the axle. Are those a simple re-drill or is there an actual new bracket for those?

Reactions: starkey480
I have the same brackets, sitting on my shelf, to be installed after my tub swap. How did you decide how far to rotate to brackets around the tube? That's the one piece of the puzzle I haven't been able to work though in my mind.

How is the gas tank clearance with the new track bar location?

I have the same brackets, sitting on my shelf, to be installed after my tub swap. How did you decide how far to rotate to brackets around the tube? That's the one piece of the puzzle I haven't been able to work though in my mind.

How is the gas tank clearance with the new track bar location?
The brackets weld parallel to and against the sway bar mounts. Super easy to align. Let me know when you’re ready and I’ll send detailed pics.

More gas tank clearance than you’ll ever need. The track bar sits like stock now and my pinion is sky high

The brackets weld parallel to and against the sway bar mounts. Super easy to align. Let me know when you’re ready and I’ll send detailed pics.

More gas tank clearance than you’ll ever need. The track bar sits like stock now and my pinion is sky high
Great! I'm looking forward to hearing how you like it. From what I've read, Dave patterned these off the Nth degree Short Arm Geo Correction and that was supposed to be the bee's knees. I want to install mine SO bad, but I gotta get my jeep back together before my trip. I really want them for the trip, but I don't want to start that project and run out of time...then not have ANY jeep for my trip!