Banking on Bitcoin

First government airdrop

7398DF45-5641-466A-ABE5-B5C76E201BFE.jpeg

I have a good idea.
Lets fight the power over centralized fiat currency which is prone to inflation and deflation and stored in banks that control everything by creating a currency that is fiat and inflated by central figures and large scale mining orgs......then when its not federally backed and anon when its stolen i guess im out of luck. BUT HEY get it while its good. Indigo used to be worth more than gold and then it wasnt. People who just lost all their savings in the last pump and dump are kicking their self in the ass prob same people who bought enron stock.

if thats aimed at me, then nope no losses on my end, been in long enough to remain in profit dispite these huge dips. feel free to rant on
no just saying giving media attention and giving something out free to people if they sign up seems like away to up the stock.......no company/gov does anything for free unless there is a motive

if thats aimed at me, then nope no losses on my end, been in long enough to remain in profit dispite these huge dips. feel free to rant on
If your a person who got bitcoins at 6 bucks a pop sell that shit asap if you have alot before someone can get them hands on it.

I've been dabbling with Dogecoin. Just to see what I could do. It's low dollar with lots of fluctuations. Started off with $20 and net of fees I gained $350 so far. Yeah, it's peanuts. But I keep compounding the number of shares. When it goes up sell and then rebuy with all the proceeds when the price drops again. Each time, increase the number of shares owned. As long as the price stays low, my value should continue to grow steady. Each trade I increase the shares...each trade then I'll be increasing the net value when the price rises again.

Doge Is a farce as far as an investment is concerned but it's been fun so far and a time-passer activity. It's a game to see.how far I can't take a $20 bill.
not a fan of doge or inu but accept they are not going anywhere because of their popularity and marketing. still cant believe coinbase has listed them. :oops:

No one should be phased by the dips at all. It’s similar to the stock market in that there is always going to be ups and downs. Buy it, sit on it, don’t bother checking the price daily, and just hold onto it for as long as you can.

Reactions: ParadoxD and 5632
I work at a crypto company, no one is phased by the swings that’s been in this game for more than a couple years.
yep every previous dip just looks like noise now when you look beyond a 6 month chart

No one should be phased by the dips at all. It’s similar to the stock market in that there is always going to be ups and downs. Buy it, sit on it, don’t bother checking the price daily, and just hold onto it for as long as you can.
honestly if anybody is even close to having that state of mind to check daily and struggle to hold on then they shouldnt be in at all. they have already invested more than they can afford finincially and emotionally.

190064575_10157907513237073_9115253089261506576_n.jpg

Reactions: rasband and Chris
I managed to get hold of a Helium Miner late last month, at $450 I mined enough tokens for the hotspot to pay for it self in a little under two weeks. My area is becoming a little saturated now but still mining just other a thousand dollars a month. The system runs off a proof of coverage instead of proof of work so don’t require a great deal of computing power. Most of these hotspots are built on passively air cooled raspberryPi boards so make no noise and use very little power.
Binance are also offering 7.65% apy on staking HNT so I’m earning daily interest on any coins I choose to hold long term.

26FDBA7F-8CEA-4EFC-9D00-A5FBC5CE2177.jpeg

Reactions: Ephry73
I had Bitcoin and some others up until about a year ago, but when you start seeing ETF's and the big banks in the game it's over as a contrarian investment. It will start to track the overall market as the institutional money gets involved. Put the specter of the Federal Reserve and Treasury working feverishly on a US digital currency and I could easily see them go the way gold tender.

Unregulated digital currency scares the crap out of governments. They have built some pretty tall houses of cards that are built on some less than sound foundations and a method of wealth outside that control that is accessible by everyone is a loss of power.

It will be interesting to watch the next couple of years evolution of the digital currencies and how they will be "regulated" if at all....

Reactions: Ephry73 and 5632
Selling a year ago? sounds like the worst possible time to exit, that would have literally been the bottom of the market just a few months after the protocol halving for btc.

Selling a year ago? sounds like the worst possible time to exit, that would have literally been the bottom of the market just a few months after the protocol halving for btc.
I bought in 2016 initially... added in 17.... sold most of it in 18. bought again in early 19 and I sold my last Bitcoin in February of last year. I still have some Ethereum (not much) as I think it's got a better life expectancy than Bitcoin. We'll see...

I did just fine... Sent the last one to college on it and then some.

It's still a nascent asset class, even with the recent institutional adoption, and highly volatile. Huge gains and deep cuts. But like most investments, you just gotta have a long time horizon.

Still cracks me up how stock traders lose their minds over single digit percentage swings, while crypto traders can brush off 30% swings because it's just another Tuesday in crypto. 😆

I bought in 2016 initially... added in 17.... sold most of it in 18. bought again in early 19 and I sold my last Bitcoin in February of last year. I still have some Ethereum (not much) as I think it's got a better life expectancy than Bitcoin. We'll see...

I did just fine... Sent the last one to college on it and then some.
Yeah I think eth will eventually flip bitcoin it already had more trading volume do the than btc for the first time back in June, I’m not so sure about the move over to proof of stake as it could give centralised exchanges a bit too much power over it but interesting times ahead.