Banking on Bitcoin

Crypto itself doesn’t have a wide acceptance, Defi has boomed over the last two years and there is nothing the government can do to stop people from using it despite there attempts, sure there will be people who will always run the arms of middle men and big brother to do things for them, but there is a growing number of us who know they are irrelevant and we will continue to use these system with or without their permission this is happening worldwide.
I don't disagree with any of this.... I've never argued this. I'm not sure that governments with fiat currency will every allow a competing currency that they cannot control to be used by the masses for common purchases and necessities. That would cede control over the financial system as it effects the constituency. Right now that's the only real control they have.

Reactions: Ephry73
I managed to get hold of a Helium Miner late last month, at $450 I mined enough tokens for the hotspot to pay for it self in a little under two weeks. My area is becoming a little saturated now but still mining just other a thousand dollars a month. The system runs off a proof of coverage instead of proof of work so don’t require a great deal of computing power. Most of these hotspots are built on passively air cooled raspberryPi boards so make no noise and use very little power.
Binance are also offering 7.65% apy on staking HNT so I’m earning daily interest on any coins I choose to hold long term.

View attachment 268439
I have been thinking about this for a bit now

Reactions: Reign Mack
I have been thinking about this for a bit now
There is a lot to consider before ordering, your location, elevation of your antenna, the locations of other miners around you and which dB antenna to use. Ideally you would want your hotspot to witness at least 40 other hotspots at least 300m apart or more, to get maximum rewards each day, also the protocol goes through halving every 2 years, the first having took place on august 1st.

I think right now its best to hold off from ordering a miner until these new suppliers entering the space start offering "lite-hotspots", the level of demand for these has been insane and the shortage of hotspots available has been compounded by the semiconductor shortages. There are back orders spanning 6 months with Nebra for example, crooks on ebay are selling Pre-Orders 3 times the usual price, and used hotspots are being sold still locked the previous owner's wallet (there is no way to unlock these without the previous owners releasing them). I ordered one of mine from bobcat based in china who are only accepting purchases with crypto, I have been running it from home its made enough to pay for itself and the other two I have on back order from calchip and nebra. I plan on running one from my office in the city and giving the other to my nephew when they arrive.

There are other iOT devices out there, similar project and competitors,
MXC Foundations which im still considering, but I need to hear more about "Miner Health" and "Miner Fuel" they introduced recently.
Nodle, best to run an on old android device with wifi connection (this token has not been valued yet but will towards the end of the year)
DeeperConnect offer a decentralised vpn (DPN) hardware they claim that they will be selling an antenna addon which will also mine HNT as well as mining DPR tokens for being a node on their DPN network. mainnet will go live soon and we will see what the rewards look like for genesis miners over the coming months.
Planetwatch: takes readings of local air quality and rewards miners with PLANETS tokens, not sure what the returns are like on this.

Amazon sidewalk: anybody who has one of those Alexa speakers or the smart doorbells with the built in cameras most likely has this activated and isn't aware of it, they are basically providing a similar service for amazon but not being paid for it, maybe in the future if enough customers opt-out amazon will offer discounts or vouchers if people opt-in.

Pretty much all ios devices have this activated its how find my iphone works; uses Bluetooth bounced off other local iphones in range and not purely gps

There is a lot to consider before ordering, your location, elevation of your antenna, the locations of other miners around you and which dB antenna to use. Ideally you would want your hotspot to witness at least 40 other hotspots at least 300m apart or more, to get maximum rewards each day, also the protocol goes through halving every 2 years, the first having took place on august 1st.

I think right now its best to hold off from ordering a miner until these new suppliers entering the space start offering "lite-hotspots", the level of demand for these has been insane and the shortage of hotspots available has been compounded by the semiconductor shortages. There are back orders spanning 6 months with Nebra for example, crooks on ebay are selling Pre-Orders 3 times the usual price, and used hotspots are being sold still locked the previous owner's wallet (there is no way to unlock these without the previous owners releasing them). I ordered one of mine from bobcat based in china who are only accepting purchases with crypto, I have been running it from home its made enough to pay for itself and the other two I have on back order from calchip and nebra. I plan on running one from my office in the city and giving the other to my nephew when they arrive.

There are other iOT devices out there, similar project and competitors,
MXC Foundations which im still considering, but I need to hear more about "Miner Health" and "Miner Fuel" they introduced recently.
Nodle, best to run an on old android device with wifi connection (this token has not been valued yet but will towards the end of the year)
DeeperConnect offer a decentralised vpn (DPN) hardware they claim that they will be selling an antenna addon which will also mine HNT as well as mining DPR tokens for being a node on their DPN network. mainnet will go live soon and we will see what the rewards look like for genesis miners over the coming months.
Planetwatch: takes readings of local air quality and rewards miners with PLANETS tokens, not sure what the returns are like on this.

Amazon sidewalk: anybody who has one of those Alexa speakers or the smart doorbells with the built in cameras most likely has this activated and isn't aware of it, they are basically providing a similar service for amazon but not being paid for it, maybe in the future if enough customers opt-out amazon will offer discounts or vouchers if people opt-in.

Pretty much all ios devices have this activated its how find my iphone works; uses Bluetooth bounced off other local iphones in range and not purely gps
All great points to have for sure. I have been lightly scrubbing information and hesitant to pull the trigger. Even with the antmining video card setups for example. I think this post gives me and anyone else a better view for sure. Thank you brother. When I move I will have nothing but space and broadband sort of speak.

Last edited:
Reactions: Chris
All great points to have for sure. I have been lightly scrubbing information and hesitant to pull the trigger. Even with the antmining video card setups for example. I think this post gives me and anyone else a better view for sure. Thank you brother. When I move I will have nothing but space and broadband sort of speak.
I have looked into antminer and ASICS, the script miners which can mine doge and litecoin at the same time interest me but the break even point could be up to a year depending on the electricity costs and the obviously how the token is value defo a more long term out look with those, I will likley use any HNT I mine to buy into other mining projects so it all pays for itself.

@Ephry73 another thing to consider with mining; your government are putting a lot of rules around crypto and mining into the infrastructure bill, if it passes, they probably wont come into effect until 2023, you are probably going to see a lot of large companies in the US running mining farms go offshore and the average joe "going dark".

@Ephry73 another thing to consider with mining; your government are putting a lot of rules around crypto and mining into the infrastructure bill, if it passes, they probably wont come into effect until 2023, you are probably going to see a lot of large companies in the US running mining farms go offshore and the average joe "going dark".
Oh for sure.

they stole $600 million they gave back $342 million

WhatsApp Image 2021-08-11 at 17.24.18.jpeg

• Wow
Reactions: Ephry73 and Chris
they stole $600 million they gave back $342 million

I dont know what to make of it, maybe he was a geniune white-hat hacker but I reckon he realised he got in over his head, half a billion is a lot to shift all at one time, would have taken months to mix that, likely ended up getting caught, they even ask for help from the mining community to refuse transactions across the block chain from those public wallets he moved everything to.

• Wow
so bitcoing went back up to 50k last week and altcoins have been pumping again too, the HNT tokens I have been mining over the helium network at $1000 per month doubled in value.

started mining TFT tokens last week, after building my own node for ThreeFold network, going to farm for a month and see if the returns are worthit just an old PC running zero-os SSD and 4 core up, no gpu required.

I should be recieving an MXC miner next week so will so how mining goes with that too although i'm a bit weary of this project.

Reactions: Ephry73 and Chris
so bitcoing went back up to 50k last week and altcoins have been pumping again too, the HNT tokens I have been mining over the helium network at $1000 per month doubled in value.

started mining TFT tokens last week, after building my own node for ThreeFold network, going to farm for a month and see if the returns are worthit just an old PC running zero-os SSD and 4 core up, no gpu required.

I should be recieving an MXC miner next week so will so how mining goes with that too although i'm a bit weary of this project.
Was thinking about that. I have a few cores that still run pretty well with doubled up ram and video cards. Let us know how that goes and thanks for the updates

How many miners are you using for 1000 per month?

Just order the bobcat, after doing some research I might average 200-300 a month in my area. Hoping thats right it should pay by itself after the second month. I live in a Hilly are, not sure if going with a 1.5 or 3dbi antenna.

Just order the bobcat, after doing some research I might average 200-300 a month in my area. Hoping thats right it should pay by itself after the second month. I live in a Hilly are, not sure if going with a 1.5 or 3dbi antenna.
Only one miner but I live in central london so surrounded by thousands of hotspots. The city hasn’t become totally saturated just yet. I would only use antenna with dB that low if I was high up in a really densely packed city surrounded by hotspots. the standard 4bd antenna which comes with the bobcat has given me the best results I have tried 10dbi and 6dbi i'm 10m off the ground.

Was thinking about that. I have a few cores that still run pretty well with doubled up ram and video cards. Let us know how that goes and thanks for the updates
Three fold recommend you use at least one solid state hard drive
I’m running 2Terabyte nvme and 32 gigs of ram

C15668BB-43B0-4373-B632-94D4E7242469.jpeg

2470BA7C-56E9-4713-89CB-07A40FABAA31.png

you can try hotspot RF to simulate your earnings with different setups or helium vision.
https://beta.hotspotrf.com/map/
https://app.helium.vision/

Reactions: Jramos013