Basket's Build

The difference between 5.13 and 5.38 is only about 150 rpm, if I recall correctly.

So unless you really need the 4:1 tcase, is a Rubi worth the extra 6-7 grand for those 150 rpms? Not to me.

I may be talking out my ass tho, because I’m putting 5.89s into my Rubi 44. If I hadn’t picked it up for the steal I did, I would’ve built a HP30 no doubt.

Yeah, I definitely will admit I don't really have any idea what the rubi premium adds to the LJ yet. Haven't gotten that far yet. 4.10s and f/r lockers will be AMAZING (compared to my current setup) if not ideal for my end goals - and an Atlas 2 is not cheap. But really, that will kinda depend on what my TJ sells for and how much I have at the time.

Reactions: PNW_LJ
The difference between 5.13 and 5.38 is only about 150 rpm, if I recall correctly.

So unless you really need the 4:1 tcase, is a Rubi worth the extra 6-7 grand for those 150 rpms? Not to me.

I may be talking out my ass tho, because I’m putting 5.89s into my Rubi 44. If I hadn’t picked it up for the steal I did, I would’ve built a HP30 no doubt.

You already know you're talking out your ass by even considering 5.89's. If those were not on the table, then the rest is valid somewhat. If we use your highly fucked up logic, the difference between 4.88 and 5.38 is ONLY 300 rpm.

More correctly, it isn't an issue of a few hundred RPM. The issue is you need all you can get with that trans and leaving 5% on the table isn't smart. Steal or not makes it no smarter to not get as much as you can when all you can easily get still isn't really enough for 35's.

Reactions: rasband and lBasket
You already know you're talking out your ass by even considering 5.89's. If those were not on the table, then the rest is valid somewhat. If we use your highly fucked up logic, the difference between 4.88 and 5.38 is ONLY 300 rpm.

More correctly, it isn't an issue of a few hundred RPM. The issue is you need all you can get with that trans and leaving 5% on the table isn't smart. Steal or not makes it no smarter to not get as much as you can when all you can easily get still isn't really enough for 35's.

In a perfect world every 42RLE/35s owner would have a Dana 44, but realistically, one could be very far ahead in other mods for 7 grand. It’s a tradeoff that is worth considering for the costs involved, IMO.

Reactions: lBasket
No, it would not. We don't know why, we are still working on it. Sadly, Novak's website on trans swap candidate evaluations got redone somehow and the section on the AW-4 went missing. I could have written it.

Here is where the information lives now, Blaine :) - https://www.novak-adapt.com/knowledge/aw4/

1684427820410.png

Yeah I definitely can admit that I'm that guy - I am trying, but there isn't any way to talk my through understanding the comprises that come in the future since I've just never built a jeep like that. I'm not sure I'll ever get to that point in my jeep honestly, but I guess might as well try not to make it a non-option by decisions made now.

You have to learn to trust people that know better than you. It will make your learning go exponentially faster. But make sure to figure who to trust before you do that. There are scant few people in the Jeep world (and not just the jeep world) that are as objective as Blaine is. If he says something is not a good choice, it is not without solid logical reasoning - and most if it gained through his accumulated experience over 20+ years of working on these things in and out.

Reactions: rasband
You wanna know how fucking stupid that is? When you grab holt of the shifter to take it out of park, if you extend your index finger while it is resting on the shifter handle, it touches the OD off switch. Literally. That means anyone that does that mod is too fucking stupid to stick there finger out and touch the switch when they start the vehicle and put it in gear. Not only that but if you cycle it back to park, you either have to turn the rig off and back on, or reach your little finger out and touch the switch. Next thing you know they will have someone in the passenger seat turn the fucking ignition key for them because they can't learn which way it goes. That's how dumb that is.

Doing the O/D mod is like doing the door latch mod.

That's half the price of the rest of the 6 more Rubiharas I came across in an Auto Trader search

Here's the badge for the special edition Sahara Rubicon, It does look like it's been repainted so the emblems on the fenders are gone.
177_1792266_10307295_2244314242023.jpg

That's half the price of the rest of the 6 more Rubiharas I came across in an Auto Trader search

Here's the badge for the special edition Sahara Rubicon, It does look like it's been repainted so the emblems on the fenders are gone.
View attachment 426245

There thing on the ashtray?

I am so far thinking I might consider a hard top a necessary part of any LJ I buy, honestly. I'm not sure how I could have my current jeep without one

Reactions: PNW_LJ and reddvltj
There thing on the ashtray?

I am so far thinking I might consider a hard top a necessary part of any LJ I buy, honestly. I'm not sure how I could have my current jeep without one

Here's your menu.... :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: These are all Rubicon LJs and 6 of them are Sahara special editions...
https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/all-cars/jeep/wrangler/challis-id?0=advanced-search&searchRadius=0&trimCodeList=WRANGLER|Unlimited Rubicon&zip=83226&startYear=2004&endYear=2006&marketExtension=include&isNewSearch=false&showAccelerateBanner=false&sortBy=derivedpriceASC&numRecords=25

• Love
  • Sad
Reactions: RINC and lBasket

A little out of budget. no idea what my jeep will sell for either though. If it sells for like 10 I'd probably have a budget of around 15

Reactions: reddvltj