Beach Jeep Mods

I'm running a 33x12.50 M/T and they suck in the rain. Would an A/T that wide do better in our downpours?
You know how it is down here on the TX Gulf Coast- heavy rain in short bursts. I have nitto Terra grapplers and they do really good blowing through water on the road. Narrower would be good to 'slice' through too. Then again, mines not a DD so I only drive in nice weather most of the time. Off roading is on the beach at SLP, etc.

a 33 x 10.5 x15 AT tire should work well for you. BF Goodrich makes one in the KO2, Dick Cepek makes one in the extreme country (part MT and part AT tire), and General grabber makes 3 in the AT2, X3 and the "grabber". If you want to go old school you could always get a super swamper or thornbird in this size as well.

Once upon a time I was going to switch from 33" to 35", but I decided I like the way it looks and performs on 33" tires.

Put my new tires and wheels on today. Had to put my stock flares back on. 33x10.5 KO2s. 15x8 wheels. I can't believe how much better the ride is and quiet as hell.
20170123_175433-576x1024.jpg

HA! Yep, this is why I will never own MT tires again on a street driven vehicle. Made that mistake on my old XJ. Once I switched to AT tires it was amazing how much better (and quieter) the ride was.

Reactions: Kevin E
Oh yeah, those are much narrower too, which will also make for better handling.

W
HA! Yep, this is why I will never own MT tires again on a street driven vehicle. Made that mistake on my old XJ. Once I switched to AT tires it was amazing how much better (and quieter) the ride was.
I'm with you on that now .

Reactions: Chris
I always figured that if I needed to, I could get a spare set of wheels, mount MT tires to them, and then put them on if I ever planned on doing any extreme off-roading.

In the meantime though, I've found that for 2 years straight my Duratracs have handled everything I have thrown at them just fine!

Reactions: Kevin E
Oh yeah almost forgot I also got my spotlights going g again with a new switch and mounted my air compressors for lockers. Small town and no one carries the right size of hose for air so need that. I need to figure out where my switches will go. Not a big fan of the stock ones.

Once you get it all setup and working, I'm sure you'll love the lockers.

I rarely ever need mine as I find I can get out of most situations before having to engage them. However, the piece of mind just knowing they are there if I do need them, well that's priceless.

There in! Front works great. The rear locker would but I bought longer hose and it doesn't seal. It's thinner walled so not as tight at axle. I am looking for OEM hose now or something thicker. Inside diameter is 5/32 not sure on Wall thickness. All the hard stuff is done anyway.
20170128_183456-720x1280.jpg

Awesome man, I'll bet it's nice to finally have the lockers working.
Thanks Chris. It only took a year and a half to get to it but yes I'm real glad they're in. Might not need them to much but like you said earlier "gives you piece of mind knowing they're there".