Beach Jeep Mods

I can't see why not. If it's already hooked up to the 4 main speakers you wouldn't need to change a thing there. You'll use the pre-amp outs on your Kenwood to run to your PS-8 for the signal. There will be a red power with an inline 30A glass fuse to go from your battery to the PS-8. Find a good place to come through the firewall. I went in front of the drivers side above the pedals and under my carpet. Don't run these two side-by-side as it can create interference. There is a blue remote line which if you hook up to the Kenwood and run to the PS-8 will turn on the PS-8 when the Kenwood comes on. It doesn't have to be used but I like it best since there will be a slight delay if you don't. There is a ground wire (which was too short for my install). Make sure and sand off any paint if you ground to painted surfaces. You will need two ring connectors that do not come with the PS-8. One for connecting to the battery terminal and the other for the ground. Pretty straightforward. The instructions were good. Also, there is a sub control knob. I didn't install it at first but did later and am glad I did. It just plugs into the PS-8 and you can mount it wherever it is convenient for you.
Thanks. This helps a bunch. I'll let you know how it goes

Reactions: JMT
Do you all really think the Optima is worth the xtra $$? I have been on the fence about upgrading to it but recently upgraded my alternator and have honestly not had any issues with my current cheap-o battery that came in my TJ. Any insight would be appreciated.

Do you all really think the Optima is worth the xtra $$? I have been on the fence about upgrading to it but recently upgraded my alternator and have honestly not had any issues with my current cheap-o battery that came in my TJ. Any insight would be appreciated.
I got a real good deal on mine is the main reason I bought it. Have had zero issues with my Optima for the Jeep or my marine grade Optima. Search for the thread called which battery. All types of batteries are discussed. Very informative. If I new how to link it from phone I would sorry.

Reactions: PhantomX

I know @Jerry Bransford has some insight on Optima batteries. I had considered one for a while until I heard what Jerry had to say. That steered me clear of Optima from now on.

Reactions: Kevin E
Optima batteries used to be superb long lasting batteries until Johnson Controls bought them and moved their entire manufacturing line to Mexico. Their quality and longevity tanked after that.

My personal experience with Optima is three prematurely failed Optima batteries in a row... two 3478 Yellow Tops and one D34M Blue Top. I'll never install another Optima battery.

As soon as my 8 year old Diehard Platinum (no longer sold) dies I'll go with either an Odyssey PC1500 or a Bosch S6 Platinum. I run nothing but AGM batteries in my Jeep. Conventional wet-cell batteries don't resist damage as well as AGM batteries do on rough bumpy offroad trails.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kevin E

I'm no expert on the subject of batteries, but if 'run of the mill' batteries were truly inferior to Optima batteries, then why are 'run of the mill' batteries still around? They are inexpensive and they work! I understand that Optimas can be mounted in any orientation etc. etc., but save the $300 for a Winch or if you already have a winch, a synthetic line.

Got my sub/amp in. WOW! Major improvement. Stereo complete.
20170512_150242-1280x720.jpg

IMG_5720.JPG
Awesome, no, I mounted on underside of rear seat. With seat risers you can possibly mount under front seat. I didn't have them then, do now, but HAPPY! It does sound awesome, doesn't it! Major improvement. It's totally in the league of the Kicker without the $300!price tag.

Last edited:
Awesome, no, I mounted on underside of rear seat. With seat risers you can possibly mount under front seat. I didn't have them then, do now, but HAPPY! It does sound awesome, doesn't it! Major improvement. It's totally in the league of the Kicker without the $300!price tag.
Absolutely love it. Thanks for the help.

Optima batteries used to be superb long lasting batteries until Johnson Controls bought them and moved their entire manufacturing line to Mexico. Their quality and longevit
y tanked after that.

My personal experience with Optima is three prematurely failed Optima batteries in a row... two 3478 Yellow Tops and one D34M Blue Top. I'll never install another Optima battery.

As soon as my 8 year old Diehard Platinum (no longer sold) dies I'll go with either an Odyssey PC1500 or a Bosch S6 Platinum. I run nothing but AGM batteries in my Jeep. Conventional wet-cell batteries don't resist damage as well as AGM batteries do on rough bumpy offroad trails.
@Jerry Bransford how do you feel about the DieHard Gold and Duralast Platinum? Any experience or knowledge there? See links below.

htthttp://www.sears.com/diehard-advanced-gold-agm-battery-group-size-65/p-02850765000P?plpSellerId=Sears&prdNo=4&blockNo=4&blockType=G4

OR

https://shop.advanceautoparts.com/p...95mQRn6b3v5U-pbwk9hV8rtpoybWla_9jPxoCPgDw_wcB

My only concern with the 7 inch fender flares, is that my tires are going to stick out enough to make it look flush. It may be time for some wheel spacers or different wheels with different backspacing.

Wait, wait, wait...Chris used to be a wheel spacer proponent???
LOL!!! This thread just popped up in new posts so I started at the first page and saw this.

Wait, wait, wait...Chris used to be a wheel spacer proponent???
LOL!!! This thread just popped up in new posts so I started at the first page and saw this.

I'm not sure I was a proponent so much as I thought maybe there was no choice. However, I've kept my Moab wheels and my stock Rubicon fender flares. I like the look too much to get rid of them, haha!

AGM batteries are good choices, either of those should be fine. For a TJ, you want a Group 34 or a Group 34/78. If you win the lottery and $$$ is no object, it'd be real hard to beat the Odyssey PC1500DT. :)

Reactions: PhantomX