Best in-between shocks?

I’m looking to get new shocks for my TJ typically I’d go with Fox 2.0 shocks but I daily and off-road my Jeep so im looking for the best in between shocks right now I have rough country and when I say I hate them I mean it so I’m just looking for suggestions. Thanks in advance

I went from the factory shocks-(shocks spaced up to help compensate for being to short) on my 2.5 JKS Springs to the 5000x. Difference in the shocks was a smaller piston/higher gas charge to a larger piston/ lower gas charge. Happy with the ride quality

Reactions: TheBoogieman
In between what? What are your expectations from a Fox 2.0 that differ from your RC shocks?

I’m wanting an in between of Them being able to take rough terrain and being atleast somewhat comfortable on the street and I’ve heard Fox 2.0 are rough when not tuned properly and I have no experience tuning shocks

Is there any reason I should pick one over the other? Besides price

I've experimented with the Ranchos and Black Max shocks. For a off road/ daily driver I'd recommend the Ranchos. The Black Max are definitely a smoother riding shock. The Ranchos, however, feel more controlled on the street. The Black Max are a hydraulic shock and feel like it. To their credit they absorb bumps really well and I haven't experienced any issues with fading. The only complaint is they feel a little soft during cornering.
The Ranchos are still a decent riding shock both on and off road. They feel more controlled during cornering or if you need to swerve around an object on the road.

My TJ had Ranch 9000s for 20-ish years and they were good for our desert off-roading and for daily driving. I replaced them with Bilsteins at the recommendation of multiple people on the AZVJC forum and they seem to be similar to the Ranchos (as far as I can tell).

Well, I clearly need one of those Fram filters then....I can't get that MPG with the wind in my sails, engine off, rolling down a steep hill... :D

I hear ya ! I believe the guy that made that claim doesn't know how much is in a gallon. this is 3 gallons to him :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
1696858368826.png

Reactions: chili_pepper