BGERALD'S 06 TJ BUILD

its like going swimming, don't dip a toe either jump or get pushed in lol

it may sound gay, but on the fenders where most companies CNC their logo, i'm paying extra to have my initials "BG" CNC'd into it instead...color matched fenders with a black background behind my initials...or an LED light. who knows...whats y'alls take on that?
That's a little too much for me but I'm getting old. So if it is what you like, then have at it. Not anybodies Jeep but yours.

Reactions: Chris
lift kit and fenders are ordered...just back and forth on tires. I'm probably going to go with the 35x12.50 pitbull rocker radials. Way better reviews and seem to last way longer than boggers with better street mannerisms

Question: I know i'll probably get hammered for asking, but if I install the 4" RC short arm kit with a .75" spacer on top to help offset the bumper and winch weight and make the jeep more level, how bad would that be on the angles of the suspension? Or should I nix that due to me running not fenders?

Question: I know i'll probably get hammered for asking, but if I install the 4" RC short arm kit with a .75" spacer on top to help offset the bumper and winch weight and make the jeep more level, how bad would that be on the angles of the suspension? Or should I nix that due to me running not fenders?

Well, don't bother installing any lift without at least adjustable upper control arms. You won't be able to adjust pinion angle if you do that, which will be paramount. I know another guy was having a similar issue recently because he bought the RC 4" lift and was getting all sorts of vibrations, but couldn't adjust the pinion angle because they don't give you adjustable control arms with it.

So that being said, I wouldn't put that spacer on unless you can adjust pinion angles (though the front rarely does need to be adjusted, so you might actually be fine). I think it would be fine though with the spacer.

Though the proper way to do this is with a quality set of springs that are "heavy duty" like the Currie's or OMEs, where they are meant to compensate for heavy bumpers, winches, etc., and won't sag in the front or rear.

Well, don't bother installing any lift without at least adjustable upper control arms. You won't be able to adjust pinion angle if you do that, which will be paramount. I know another guy was having a similar issue recently because he bought the RC 4" lift and was getting all sorts of vibrations, but couldn't adjust the pinion angle because they don't give you adjustable control arms with it.

So that being said, I wouldn't put that spacer on unless you can adjust pinion angles (though the front rarely does need to be adjusted, so you might actually be fine). I think it would be fine though with the spacer.

Though the proper way to do this is with a quality set of springs that are "heavy duty" like the Currie's or OMEs, where they are meant to compensate for heavy bumpers, winches, etc., and won't sag in the front or rear.

Good to know! For now Ill just install it as is and go from there. I think Currie makes a 5" spring and I can build some longer arms with some DOM and weld a nut in with adjustable heims. Eventually I will end up doing a custom 5 link with King coilovers. I went with the budget kit to give me a general idea of what I want to do lift wise in the future. I have been reading and researching a lot and my pocket is going to end up hurting lol I have a truck payment and in the process of buying a house and building a shop soooo im taking my time on this

I hear ya! It's like the saying goes (and I've learned from this), buy once, cry once.

But in your case, I completely understand having to budget it out. We just bought a house last year so I had to put a lot of stuff on hold for that!

I hear ya! It's like the saying goes (and I've learned from this), buy once, cry once.

But in your case, I completely understand having to budget it out. We just bought a house last year so I had to put a lot of stuff on hold for that!

you're right about that! I just want to check out the lift/fender/tire size fitment and clearances before I drop $2500 on a lift lol but there again I sort of would like to build my own kit with coilovers. My biggest fear is building something so extreme I wont want to drive it

you're right about that! I just want to check out the lift/fender/tire size fitment and clearances before I drop $2500 on a lift lol but there again I sort of would like to build my own kit with coilovers. My biggest fear is building something so extreme I wont want to drive it

It can get out of control if you're not careful.

Lift kit is at the house under the garage! Been emailing CCF about my fenders, I told them a design that I want and how i have them looking in my head and they're going to actually custom fab me some fenders!

CCF is short for?

You'll have to definitely post some photos of these fenders when you get them. I'm curious to know what they look like!

Lift kit is going on Sunday, ordered a .75" Spacer and am going to probably order the adjustable control arms, ordered CREE 150w LED headlights with signals so when the fenders come in I will have turn signals in the front, ordered the black bezel to match as well, also got the windows tinted yesterday 15% on the front to match the new smoked top and a 5" strip!

14szcy9.jpg

Put the lift on the jeep yesterday, 4" short arm RC kit with a .75" spacer in the front..I invested about 6 hours slow labor into it, wasnt bad at all. I have to cut the shifter tunnel out a little more and bend the 4 wheel drive mechanism a little more but nothing about 30 minutes wont fix. Rides damn good and my alignment guy met me up there and aligned it yesterday evening so worked out perfect!

I ordered dual stabilizers and extended brake lines front and rear, my CREE 150w headlights will be here tomorrow and I already have the black retainer rings just need to put them on. Fenders are going to be one -off..talked with the fabricator and we're going a little different route ;) now i'm tossing up tire ideas...definitely going to order the SYE and tummy tuck, so not wanting to trim my shift tunnel too much. Now i need gears and lockers. Trying to pace myself so i dont get bored!!!

Reactions: Chris and JP98
Glad you got it all taken care of, it looks great!

I was going to say, be sure to pace yourself before you run out of things to do to it!

Haha... Who am I kidding? You can never run out of things to do to a TJ!