Bilstein 5100s ride rough

Ramona Wrangler

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
I just put these on last month per forum recommendation...Just wondering if I should have put something else on. Everytime I hit uneven pavement, it feels like my front tires have 60psi in them. I have about 25 psi to soften the bumps, but doesn't seem to help. I'm running C-rated Hercules 31x 10.5 x 15's on a 04 TJ 2.4l, auto tranny

I just put these on last month per forum recommendation...Just wondering if I should have put something else on. Everytime I hit uneven pavement, it feels like my front tires have 60psi in them. I have about 25 psi to soften the bumps, but doesn't seem to help. I'm running C-rated Hercules 31x 10.5 x 15's on a 04 TJ 2.4l, auto tranny
Lol. What forum recommended those? Very common complaint with those shocks.

Not only do they ride rough, you can run over a quarter and tell whether it is heads or tails. You need softer springs.

oops, my bad....they were recommended in another forum as were the Ranchos....I have H & R springs..do I replace the springs and shocks? just shocks? just springs?
Just shocks. The two most recommended cheap shocks on here are Skyjacker BlackMax and Rancho 5000X.

If you want to buy one of those I’d take measurements and check the chart at link below and see which of the two would give you the closest to 50:50 travel bias and go with that one.

https://wranglertjforum.com/threads/tj-shock-spring-specification-resource-thread.47846/post-823645

Reactions: Brannon