Blackjacks shop makeover

So while I keep scrounging for a cost effective way to armor the wall (3/4 plywood is still $95-100 per sheet here) I will work on the RAS stand. I decided that with wall space being at a premium I could use the storage and extra mass to increase the saws stability. The start of the base is the old drawer sections from an old heavy wood desk. Sistered them together with some scrap 3/4 plywood.

image.jpg

To get the RAS frame to the height that I wanted a deck spacer was needed. So another piece of scrap ply and some two by came out to the correct height. As Mike Holmes would say glue it and screw it and then grabbed the router to clean up the edges.

647E6672-CC22-4040-A123-AFD02223EE53.jpeg

7D2B098C-884B-4200-B54D-B8715FDF8209.jpeg

Last edited:
Freed the saw from the old frame to mock it up. One thing to remember is that the saw cannot go flush to the wall. I went with a 1 1/2 stand-off which gives me up to a 60 degree miter on the motor side if I ever need it.

image.jpg

image.jpg

And this is why math matters. Somewhere in my measurements I forgot I am going with a heavy laminated table top. Good thing I checked before the glue set. No harm no foul.

image.jpg