Body alignment issues after

Garjowan

OK,
So I’ve been restoring some stuff on my 04 TJ.
I did floor supports, full front floors, some rear floor patches, etc…
Along with new front fenders and new body mounts as well as a 1” puck lift…

After all is said and done, my grill will not align correctly.
It’s way to far to the drivers side and the hood front rubs and the flares stick out over the tire… whereas the driver side there is maybe a 2” tire stick out…
Has anyone had any body alignment issues after doing work like this?

Everything was straight and aligned prior to removing all the mounts and whatnot.

It certainly sounds like your body has shifted relative to the frame, which can happen if you had your body mounts loose, or if you installed your new body mounts incorrectly. What I would do first is get under there with a tape measure and check the distance from the frame to the outside of the body at multiple places on both sides along the length of the frame. That should give you an idea what’s going on. Note that the frame is not straight along it’s length, so measure at similar spots along both sides perpendicular to the frame.

If it is off, you may be able to loosen the body mount bolts and shift the body back into position using crowbars, hydraulic rams, and various other instruments of destruction.

Let us know what you find.

Nashville TJ, that is the plan, but looking quickly it appears the direct the body needs to go, is already at the limit of the mounts LOL…
I’ll go that rout anyway, never now what’ll happen! 👍👍👍🤣

Well I played with it a bit, loosened all the mounts, used some ratchet straps to get it somewhat correct, tightened the mounts back up and released the straps…
Better, but not great.
I’ll need to replace the grill mount hidden nut as it is stripped a bit and can’t torque down the bolt…
I’ll need to cut a section of that and put in a new nut welded to a piece of steel.
That may help a bit as well holding the front where it needs to be.

Still a bit off on the tire to flare stick out…
Even at max adjustment.

I’ll keep fiddling and get some pics later, phones at 2% 😳

Reactions: Allstar424
More than 2" off on the front tires "stickout"?!

I can't comprehend how that would be possible to get all the panels to even remotely fit together and bolts in all the holes lining up and have that happen?

Maybe the problem is just with the grill as that grill body mount is the only thing aligning the front and the fenders.

Take measurements from the frame to the front corners of the tub and see if those are matching.

Reactions: Garjowan
Are you absolutely sure your tires stuck out equally before the work was done?
No suspension lift?

Yup…
All 4 were pretty equal.
Big thing for me when I bought it.
It had a small 2.5” bds lift when I bought it as well…
Put in 1” coil spacers and it was fine…
Now I put the new mount bushings and 1” body lift while I did the floors and floor supports.
The supports are exactly inline with where the old ones were too…
I’m bo
Are you absolutely sure your tires stuck out equally before the work was done?
No suspension lift?

yup, they were as close to even all around as I’ve seen 👍

More than 2" off on the front tires "stickout"?!

I can't comprehend how that would be possible to get all the panels to even remotely fit together and bolts in all the holes lining up and have that happen?

Maybe the problem is just with the grill as that grill body mount is the only thing aligning the front and the fenders.

Take measurements from the frame to the front corners of the tub and see if those are matching.

It boggles the mind… I did get it much better but still off a little…
I’ll check that measurement tomorrow.
Bed time, up at 3am hahahaaaa

Well, I’ve got it as close to straight as humanly possible….
I finally was able to pull it out of the garage and ready to power wash and body work before lining it…
Still a few little things to wrap up before that, but a big step just getting it moved 😉
Still need to cut the bumper or get a new one depending on MA regs…
Heading in the right direction now 😜😀

1DEFD933-9A22-4B05-9C31-1A52547058CE.jpeg

D91F8EB7-2CB5-4542-BD74-4311BAB626D4.jpeg

1CCC65CD-499F-4729-9E2B-EC66B2E7312B.jpeg

1400D4FC-AE6C-43BB-9EEE-B20B9EC949F5.jpeg

8363A357-A2B4-4748-92FA-BCB2B92E2086.jpeg

5DE81D70-31E0-48A2-BFE1-E81B003208F5.jpeg

F2445FDC-8060-4DF5-A47B-F570BB784D67.jpeg

94FAF87E-E24F-4914-8CF5-C70E5B76A913.jpeg

E843EB03-CF28-4A1B-80DA-EC6AE4F43B92.jpeg

2C788A77-9227-44DF-9127-74C86A60B5A1.jpeg

Last edited:
Dude for as much repair work as you have done that looks fine..just go enjoy the jeep and quit worrying over body alignment.

Last edited:
Reactions: Garjowan
Dude for as much repair work as you have done that looks fine..just go enjoy the jeep and wait worrying over body alignment.

Thanks P man…
That’s my conclusion too!

Still got stuff to do like body work and gettin ready for color, but that won’t take too long hopefully and I’ll be out enjoying for the rest of the summer 😄👍

Reactions: P man