Body lift pucks: Poly or aluminum?

Are you saying i can make custom body mounts out of the oak trees in my yard?!
What did Blaine say that would make you or anyone else for that matter think that? He said all of those have various properties that would make each one more or LESS suitable for the task.

What did Blaine say that would make you or anyone else for that matter think that? He said all of those have various properties that would make each one more or LESS suitable for the task.
The only thing you would have to do to oak is waterproof it so that it can't rot. Other than that, it has the desired properties.

With a 1” BL and the savvy transfer cable shifter. Will I run into a clearance issue with the tummy tuck For a NSG370 tranny? I’m still a few months off of the purchase for the tummy tuck.

I didn't say anything is WRONG with it. I said I am not a fan. Personal preference for me. Just like I prefer not to add a coil spacer.

What is wrong with a coil spacer that makes it not preferable?

Something is driving the rationale behind the personal preference.

my OCD

Also I found that the coils never centered properly on the spacer, causing deformation of the spacer itself. Which in turn, changes the ride quality for me. Also aesthetically it looks like shit. Again, this is my preference.

Anyways, don't want this go off topic to the OPs thread.

Probably for the same reason I dislike body lifts. They perform a very specific and advantageous function, but I just don't like the way it makes the jeep look.

Reactions: oldtimer
Probably for the same reason I dislike body lifts. They perform a very specific and advantageous function, but I just don't like the way it makes the jeep look.

Daystar is an 1.25" taller replacement isolater. The controversial gap is still there, the isolator just looks different.

One good thing I know about the Daystar kit is that it does use an inner sleeve similar to stock. The difference that I understand is that the isolater material is polyurethane, rather than rubber. Meaning that Daystar's ability to isolate and deform is going to be different than factory.

By using a non-compressable puck on top of the factory mount, one can be assured that the resulting lifted body will have a similar quality of isolation as factory.

Daystar is an 1.25" taller replacement isolater. The controversial gap is still there, the isolator just looks different.

One good thing I know about the Daystar kit is that it does use an inner sleeve similar to stock. The difference that I understand is that the isolater material is polyurethane, rather than rubber. Meaning that Daystar's ability to isolate is going to be different than factory.

By using a non-compressable puck on top of the factory mount, one can be assured that the resulting lifted body will have a similar quality of isolation as factory.

I don't disagree with you on this. As long as the factory isolators are in good shape, I see no reason not to use them with a quality aluminum puck.

Reactions: jjvw
With a 1” BL and the savvy transfer cable shifter. Will I run into a clearance issue with the tummy tuck For a NSG370 tranny? I’m still a few months off of the purchase for the tummy tuck.
No. Unless you have a 241OR (your profile doesn't state) which may require some gentle massaging of the tub. If you are running a 231 case, you will be fine. I run a tummy tuck, with a 241OR/NSG combo and had to clearance the tub in a couple spots. I have a 1" BL

I didn't say anything is WRONG with it. I said I am not a fan. Personal preference for me. Just like I prefer not to add a coil spacer to top of coil
Apples and pomegranates comparison. The coils springs do not restrain the movement of the axle in a very narrow range of motion. The body mounts do and they are very specially designed. The lower cup is just that, a flexible cup that restricts upward movement. I am not a fan at all of replacing a well engineered product with something else done in a way that supports their ability to pour liquids into a mold.

I have the Savvy aluminum lift kit and an aluminum block motor mount lift.

I have an automatic 3 speed with np231. Do I need a shifter extension?

Also, coming from experience with boats, two types of metal together don't mix. One is always more electronegative. Even with paint and a plating, it can scratch and expose but I don't think I'll live long enough to see much of a difference in electrolysis there.

If you need 1.25 inch you will probably have to go with Zone. If you can live with one inch go with MORE.

Reactions: NOTNSUV
Its time to install a 1" or 1.25" body lift on my 05 Sport.

Is there any difference or benefit to using:
  1. aluminum
  2. polyethylene
  3. or rubber puck spacers?

Right now I'm leaning towards a 1" aluminum body lift.

I know this is an old thread, but figured it might be worth linking this one to it.

Reactions: NOTNSUV