Bought new 42RLE transmission today from Bullripper

Is there any noticeable difference with the new transmission? I'm not sure there would be, but I'm just curious.

I’ve been watching for any update on that Bullripper trans install too. I ended up ordering a ATS trans/tc package. Hope to have it installed in a week or two.
D, did you get this ATS installed? All good or is there anything that doesn't feel right?
Thanks

D, did you get this ATS installed? All good or is there anything that doesn't feel right?
Thanks

The ATS transmission is in. I have about 300 miles on it so far and all is well. It doesn’t shift much different than stock while driving conservatively, but when I get on the throttle the shifts are noticeably firmer.

D and @Jerry Little ......can I get an update on your trannys? Still happy with them and nothing unusual after a few montths? My studder is worse than ever and it's time to make a decision. Thanks Guys.

Hey reich and drc....my tranny is starting to get worse with the shudder. How are the Bullripper and ATC transmissions holding up over few months they have been in? Still O.K.? If there are any other options I should look at let me know. AAMCO?

Hey Grote! The bullripper is doing great. No complaints. The shifting feels smooth and I towed with it a couple weeks ago with no issues. I would recommend getting one for sure.

Was this just a straight swap? As in, you ordered it, took it/ had it delivered to the shop, they installed and then you're good to go right from there?

Yes I had it delivered straight to the shop and they put it in for me. The only thing to watch out for is, when it is delivered and picked up, make sure the shipping company does not use their own forklift to get it out of the truck. Make sure the shop has one or they are able to get it out with a couple of guys or something. Because when my old tranny was picked up, they charged me a ridiculous amount for using the lift. Even after I told them not to. I tried to fight it but didn't have any luck.

Yes I had it delivered straight to the shop and they put it in for me. The only thing to watch out for is, when it is delivered and picked up, make sure the shipping company does not use their own forklift to get it out of the truck. Make sure the shop has one or they are able to get it out with a couple of guys or something. Because when my old tranny was picked up, they charged me a ridiculous amount for using the lift. Even after I told them not to. I tried to fight it but didn't have any luck.

Good tip - if you don't mind me asking, can you give a ballpark of what you paid? Given what I've read about the 42RLE, I just sort of expect someday I'll have to replace it if I end up keeping my Jeep as long as I plan to.

Good tip - if you don't mind me asking, can you give a ballpark of what you paid? Given what I've read about the 42RLE, I just sort of expect someday I'll have to replace it if I end up keeping my Jeep as long as I plan to.

$1980 and they charge a $450 core deposit that you will get back minus the shipping. The delivery company charged $150 to use the lift gate. Such a rip off!

$1980 and they charge a $450 core deposit that you will get back minus the shipping. The delivery company charged $150 to use the lift gate. Such a rip off!

So $1980 for the transmission itself and installation? If so, that really doesn't seem that bad. If you had to pay for the transmission separately and then the 2k to the shop just for labor, whew. Either way, glad it's working well for you.

Well, I made the move but didn't go with Bullripper or ATS although I apreciate everyones feedback. I went with street smart. My decision was swayed by two things. Street smart had a very good warranty. Street Smart had an office in the Central FL area so if I have issues I can walk in the front door. I had a local (reputable) shop put it in as that way Street Smart covers labor in their warranty as well. Rear main was leaking so I asked them to change that out while on the rack. Drives, shifts good. Tested in the local neighborhood at the shop. Bad news is I decided to give it a run on the interstate for a few miles on the way home at 70 mph. Threw a code P0171 bank 1 lean. Got to the house and checked again for leaks and have two. One looks like it's at the front of the transfer case. The other looks like the rear main. I put in a B&M supercooler and transmission guage as well. At least that part looks to be solid, cooling and working. I'll be bringing it back to the shop this week. If it's the transfer case I can't really blame it on the shop. The seals are 16 years old. The rear main on the other hand..........and now O2 sensors or catalytic converters. It's like the Jeep and I are line dancing. One step forward and two steps back, slide to the left!

Can’t speak for the other companies, I recently bought a reman transmission with torque converter at O’Reilly. Took a couple of weeks to be delivered - with supply chain issues everywhere it was not unexpected. Transmission arrived clean in a shipping crate that I picked up at the local store. I installed the transmission myself at home. Returned the old one back to the store after swapping a couple of brackets and the cooling line fittings. They returned the core charge same day.
The transmission comes without the tailhousing. So you have to remove this and the stubshaft from the old unit. If you’re installing a rubicrawler at the same time you can skip this step.
So far transmission shifts smooth and there are no issues.
You have to get the Jeep to a dealer or transmission shop that can perform the quick learn procedure for the Transmission controller.

Purchased a new dorman transmission oil pan with drain plug from Amazon. @mrblaine brazed a temp gauge bung in the oil pan. With the pan removed I also installed a Mopar transmission oil filter. So far I’m happy with the reman transmission. If something comes up there is always an O’Reilly in the area for warranty.
Btw. the transmission is remanned by etetransmission.com and sold under the O’Reilly brand name Power torque or so. The reman company also delivers to Advance auto and others under their companies brand names.