Bumper Dialog

01TJ-Blues

TJ Addict
Supporting Member
I’d like to start some dialog on bumpers. I’m looking to buy a new front and rear bumper but would like some opinions and clarification/justification.

For example on front bumpers; UCF, Gen Right, Savvy, Motobilt all have a similar stubby with winch guard, some steel and some aluminum but prices are all over the map. Motobilt is the least expensive and Gen Right the most expensive.

Please chime in with your experience with quality, value, durability etc for those of us that need to make a decision based on your experiences.

What features are you looking for? Start there, you can at least eliminate a bunch of them.

For example, I am also in the market for bumpers and doing research. I want a lightweight stubby winch bumper with a short bar and space for 6" light mounts, therefore I am leaning toward the Savvy. I also really dig their cornerguards.

What features are you looking for? Start there, you can at least eliminate a bunch of them.

For example, I am also in the market for bumpers and doing research. I want a lightweight stubby winch bumper with a short bar and space for 6" light mounts, therefore I am leaning toward the Savvy. I also really dig their cornerguards.
I listed the similar bumpers above. Stubby front, winch protect bar. The material for the UCF and Motobilt is steel yet there is a massive price difference. Savvy equipped the same is also aluminum yet fits in the middle of this price range. Is the steel UCF that much better? Is the Motobilt that much worse? The Savvy shows 30 pounds and so does the UCF. Just looking for the expertise and prior buyer opinions.

Anyone have any firsthand knowledge of the KD Fabworks bumpers? I'm liking the looks of their 49" front bumper

They should fix their website! Idiots like me are trying to make a decision and that’s enough to push me to their brand.
I don’t think they care, especially given how insanely popular their stuff already is. Blaine designed it, so that should tell you something.

• USA Proud
Reactions: WSS and 01TJ-Blues
I am looking at UCF and Motobilt cause they are both made here in Alabama.

UCF has both steel and aluminum.

Savvy is the best bumper out there. If the bumpers are going to be used in the rocks, I would probably go with a steel stubby before UCF.

I listed the similar bumpers above. Stubby front, winch protect bar. The material for the UCF and Motobilt is steel yet there is a massive price difference. Savvy equipped the same is also aluminum yet fits in the middle of this price range. Is the steel UCF that much better? Is the Motobilt that much worse? The Savvy shows 30 pounds and so does the UCF. Just looking for the expertise and prior buyer opinions.
13 not 30 for the Savvy. It weighs slightly less than the stock bumper.

Reactions: 01TJ-Blues