Buying a TJ

I'm between zone and rc I've heard good and bad a about rough country I also don't wanna drop a grand on a lift when I'm not sure I won't go bigger when I get 33s

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I'm between zone and rc I've heard good and bad a about rough country I also don't wanna drop a grand on a lift when I'm not sure I won't go bigger when I get 33s

A lift is not all about squeezing more tire under your rig. If you plan on using your rig off road and want good control, articulation and stability, you want to put a good quality lift under it. There are some better lifts for not that much more money that will get 33's under her and give you a great ride on and off the street.

Reactions: CasterTroy
I'm at 460 with adj trackbar sway bar discos rear track bracket. What would be a better option for all that, that isn't expensive most others I seen were 7 or 800 without the discos and adj track bar

I'm at 460 with adj trackbar sway bar discos rear track bracket. What would be a better option for all that, that isn't expensive most others I seen were 7 or 800 without the discos and adj track bar

The Zone and RC lifts may have all the parts you are looking for but the quality is not up to par with other more costly brands. You will see it in the ride performance and longevity of the components. Now if you are just going for the lifted look. Save the money and go Zone or RC.

So what would be best for under a 8 or 900 for everything I need

That is still a tight budget for a quality lift to get 33's under her, get a good trail ride, street ride and get long life out of the parts. If you can move up the the 1,200 range then maybe a Skyjacker or Pro Comp lift would be better than RC or Zone IMHO. @Chris do you have a good write up on the levels of quality on lifts?

I've read a ton of reviews that's kinda the problem is they are all so back and forth some people love rc or zone some dont

I read the rough country has improved since they got new 2.2 shocks. Also thought about a bds lift

You may want to ask a few of the guys on here with 2.5's about the Dana swap. You may be better off sticking with the 35 and installing a Super35 kit. That would beef your current axle at a better price unless you get a banging deal on a 44. You wouldn't want to run anything bigger than a 33" tire anyway with the 2.5.
x4
Super 35 kit, or just upgraded axles depending on your need and if you want lockers. 31" or 32" tires. Small lift / spring - shock upgrade. Winch. You don't need much to wheel the snot out of a 2.5 squirrel powered TJ. Use the money you save not modifying the snot out of your jeep on gas and maintenance. Experience > mods.

I've read a ton of reviews that's kinda the problem is they are all so back and forth some people love rc or zone some dont

I'm with you on reading all the reviews and it mostly boils down to what you like. Some people are ok with a little rougher ride or giving up longevity on parts for the ability to get their rig lift right now. Nothing wrong with that. You know your budget and what you expect out of your Jeep. Building a TJ is like a chess match with your wallet. You have to know what you can give up to advance your objective.

Reactions: StG58
Any things better than the blown suspension on it now plus all the other stuff I want

Reactions: etc1006
Any things better than the blown suspension on it now plus all the other stuff I want

My sport with almost 190k needs the suspension done. Bushings are pretty much done. Just doing stock for now when time and money allow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk