C vs. E loads and the BS (not back spacing!).

This is why I run stock size winter grips.... Have not been stuck yet.
Knew it would make a good photo. Took the picture, backed up 5 feet. Kept going.

View attachment 2121

Great pic!

The first tread marks was a three foot base. There was over ten feet where we turned around. Flotation is everything.

Last edited:
Got freezing rain turned to sheets of ice yesterday, and no more fish tails, No 4WD needed, just 2 WD, these tires seem unstoppable. They are the BEST tires I've ever driven on a jeep. Work as well as our Nokians on the CX5.

Only bad thing is I get rubbing on close to full turn. The steer stops are rusted too much to budge. Soaked them with lube, and no dice. Even tho' I'm aware of the rub, I still manage to rub several times a week.

thanks. yep, but only waited 1/2 hour. will try again in spring, and if not maybe have to bust them off and drill for new ones.
Just get some Kroil and spray it a couple of times an hour for an hour or two. If that doesn't get it out in one piece, it's not coming out in one piece.

thanks. yep, but only waited 1/2 hour. will try again in spring, and if not maybe have to bust them off and drill for new ones.
Tapping with a hammer between applications can help sometimes. Air impact or electric impact can work wonders too. When you do get them free, use this.

Reactions: Jeff Allan