Cable shifter keeps popping out of 4 low

Yep, it needs to be adjusted. Had to do the same thing with my Savvy cable shifter, as I was having the same problem. I just had to play around with the adjustments quite a bit until I got it in the right position. That was time consuming unfortunately, but it had to be done.

Yep, it needs to be adjusted. Had to do the same thing with my Savvy cable shifter, as I was having the same problem. I just had to play around with the adjustments quite a bit until I got it in the right position. That was time consuming unfortunately, but it had to be done.
Yeah been playing with it getting closer just not quite there yet

If it jumps out ,it isn't near fully engaged.

Disconnect it at the transfer case end

Rotate the knob on the transfer case until it is full engaged , you will feel it

Now adjust the cable til it just reaches and connect it ..you are now engaged. Be sure the handle is fully up as you do this .

Thanks all it's working perfectly now such a big difference over the junk stock linkage
Something as simple as a jeep shouldn't have something as complicated as stock linkage .
Vague and sticky .

The cable is the answer .

I have a shortened wrench in my tool kit so I can adjust it later if needed ..doubt I'll ever need it.

Reactions: cclarke802