Can a TJ VIN be used on TJ Unlimited build?

I looked, don't think they ship, local pickup, I am in MA

Kendallville is in the northeast corner of IN. It's about a 12 hour drive from Worcester (picking a central point in MA). With a truck and trailer you could be there and back with an overnight. It would add to the expense but a clean unmolested frame is nice.

On the TJ I have the axles geared at 4.88, and running 35" tires. The 05 LJ comes with dana 30 front, and 44 rear geared at 3.75, are these on the LJ any better then those on the TJ, beside the rear disc brake on the LJ. ??

Kendallville is in the northeast corner of IN. It's about a 12 hour drive from Worcester (picking a central point in MA). With a truck and trailer you could be there and back with an overnight. It would add to the expense but a clean unmolested frame is nice.

Definitely not driving 12+ hours (800 miles) each way for a frame, absolutely not, not building a show Jeep, nor looking for crazy resale cash. Just a rig to have fun with. Plus I dont even have the resources to go.

Everyone on here have clean rust free frame and tub on their rigs? What is so bad about repaired frame that I have to drive 24 hours just for a frame that will probably rust once it start making love with salt? The repaired frame on my TJ was done 4 years ago, and is 4 times stronger then those clean frame.

You are taking multiple jeeps and combining them into something that was never built...

if you're following, I already have the resources for that. Don't have the time to drive 24hrs for a frame, nor I think it's forth my time.

I build these to my liking, not what the neighbors think, so a solid safely repaired frame is a check mark for me.

Should start a "show us your frame" thread. Lol

Should start a "show us your frame" thread. Lol

I'm not afraid...

1716490875510.png

Reactions: myjeep3
I will not be using the Unlimited PCM, basically just the tub, and frame. I will retain the TJ PCM, AX15, Tcase, Axles etc.
In the state of MA, no emission is require if vehicle is over 10yrs old, so no issues there.

I would try to get the title with the tub, it’s not fun to run into a problem a few years down the line

When doing LS swap on LJ and using 4l60e transmission, is there any tcase adapter needed?

On the TJ I have the axles geared at 4.88, and running 35" tires. The 05 LJ comes with dana 30 front, and 44 rear geared at 3.75, are these on the LJ any better then those on the TJ, beside the rear disc brake on the LJ. ??

If i need to sale a set, which axle to keep?

Definitely not driving 12+ hours (800 miles) each way for a frame, absolutely not, not building a show Jeep, nor looking for crazy resale cash. Just a rig to have fun with. Plus I dont even have the resources to go.

Everyone on here have clean rust free frame and tub on their rigs? What is so bad about repaired frame that I have to drive 24 hours just for a frame that will probably rust once it start making love with salt? The repaired frame on my TJ was done 4 years ago, and is 4 times stronger then those clean frame.

I get it, I'm from the NE as well. If you're building it to just hit trails, it doesn't make sense. Just inspect the welded frame carefully. I looked at plenty where they didn't cut out the old cancer very well or at all before welding in the new pieces. That'll just lead to fixing it again.

My daughter's jeep as a welded frame. Done right, its fine. She drive back and forth from her home near Boston to our home in NY all the time in all seasons. Its holding up fine. We also Fluid Film it every year.

I get it, I'm from the NE as well. If you're building it to just hit trails, it doesn't make sense. Just inspect the welded frame carefully. I looked at plenty where they didn't cut out the old cancer very well or at all before welding in the new pieces. That'll just lead to fixing it again.

My daughter's jeep as a welded frame. Done right, its fine. She drive back and forth from her home near Boston to our home in NY all the time in all seasons. Its holding up fine. We also Fluid Film it every year.

Yes, I agree, whn done right, they outlast everything else.

You don't currently have the "right" combination of gearing and axles. Unless you built the 35 in the TJ with 30 spline axles...

with 35's you want 4.88 gears, minimum. The Dana 44 is much more desirable over the 35, but its at 3.73. With a 5.3, it won't be as bad, but I'd still budget a regear into the Dana 44/Dana 30 combo.

You don't currently have the "right" combination of gearing and axles. Unless you built the 35 in the TJ with 30 spline axles...

with 35's you want 4.88 gears, minimum. The Dana 44 is much more desirable over the 35, but its at 3.73. With a 5.3, it won't be as bad, but I'd still budget a regear into the Dana 44/Dana 30 combo.

Okay. If the 44/30 is a better set, i could regear done the road if needed.