Can you guess how much lift this TJ has?

TJZanzibar

Hello Jeep community, can anyone tell how many inches this TJ lifted? Can you guess by picture? Cos I am looking for right size if tires and rims. My plan 33" with 15" rims , currently it has 27.4 x 8.9 tire on 15" rims on the picture.

It looks like it already lifted, 33" is okay? You guys are professional, it's my first jeep ever. And it's on the way to arrive. I preparing for new shoes for this boy before arrival . Thanks in advance

BP654655_a6b088 (1).jpg

Reactions: Kiwi TJ
You can precisely know how much suspension lift there is by measuring the height of the front and rear springs. For an unlifted TJ the front springs are 12" tall and the rear springs are 8" tall. So for example if your front springs are 15" tall and your rear springs are 11" tall you have a 3" suspension lift.

And a big welcome to WTF. :)

You can precisely know how much suspension lift there is by measuring the height of the front and rear springs. For an unlifted TJ the front springs are 12" tall and the rear springs are 8" tall. So for example if your front springs are 15" tall and your rear springs are 11" tall you have a 3" suspension lift.

And a big welcome to WTF. :)

Dear Jerry thanks for reply, and thanks for warm welcome 🤘 it's on the ferry, bought it from japan, all I have pictures of it :)) and to me , it seemed like already lifted cos the tires it has now pretty small for this car , means pwner took off the tires and put these. In short; is 33" tires Okay with this beauty? 🤷‍♂️ sorry that I only have pictures, asking your opinion depending picture. 🙏

I had to Google your location to see where Zanzibar is. Now I know it's a strip club in Toronto, ON. 🥳

View attachment 476796

Yeah, there are strip clubs called Zanzibar even in Europe:)) oh well, Zanzibar is a tropical island in Indian ocean 😅 but open one strip club could be good idea here then I park my TJ infront of it with 33"tires :))

20230926_124151.jpg

20230926_124116.jpg

Those are the flare-iest flares I’ve ever seen.

Any idea what brand they are? Is that an export thing?

• Haha
Reactions: TheBoogieman
If strip clubs everywhere else are call Zanzibar, then what's the one on your island called?

33s will probably work. I can't imagine buying parts... I know Hawaii and the US Virgin Islands it's expensive and little choices and lots of waiting.

-Mac

Ok, sorry for the pictures out of topic . I was asking about tire size ,guessing by the picture I have. 33" Tires
Rims gonna be 15" I bet.
Thanks everyone, sorry for disturbance...

Reactions: Kiwi TJ
Ok, sorry for the pictures out of topic . I was asking about tire size ,guessing by the picture I have. 33" Tires
Rims gonna be 15" I bet.

We (I) get off topic all the time here. That lift looks about like my old Jeep with a 4" lift and little stock tires. I fixed it 2 hours later. ;)

tan jeep lifted small tires (2017_11_20 00_38_12 UTC).jpg

Khaki Jeep 1.jpg

Last edited:
We (I) get off topic all the time here. That lift looks about like my old Jeep with a 4" lift and little stock tires. I fixed it 2 hours later. ;)

View attachment 476912

View attachment 476917

Wow amazing! And yes a perfect example. Exactly... My car is lifted quite enough, most probably 4" , it looks same gap between tires and fenders like this. Are they 33" or 35" ? They look awesome! Thanks

Rims gonna be 15" I bet.

No worries we go there all the time. That looks a lot like the beach on Deigo Garcia. But a lot of tropical island beaches look a lot the same. Nice view ;-)

Looks like you have room for 33's easily, but probably 35's as well considering you probably don't have many places to really flex it out there? Just some beach cruising and stuff like that? One thing to check before you settle on a tire size is what gears are in your axles currently.

Reactions: macleanflood
No worries we go there all the time. That looks a lot like the beach on Deigo Garcia. But a lot of tropical island beaches look a lot the same. Nice view ;-)

Thanks mate, never been in Diego Garcia but welcome to Zanzibar, here we keep saying Hakuna Matata. Which is like No Worries... So I bought this car without checking by myself from Japan and theres zero spare part for Wrangler in this country, all I can import from near by ... it's a New adventure... it's worthy I think... cheers 🤘

Looks like you have room for 33's easily, but probably 35's as well considering you probably don't have many places to really flex it out there? Just some beach cruising and stuff like that? One thing to check before you settle on a tire size is what gears are in your axles currently.

You are absolutely right, car is on the way to come. I just preparing before it arrives. Cos I really don't want to drive with those ugly small tires, even first day I arrives. Lucky I found tire and rims supplier here, decent one (which isn't expected here) I will buy all sets and will put on my jeep day first , but better no risk, 33" it is ... that's the Best option for now... cheers🤘