Car pics too cool not to share

Only one Caddy for me...1967 Coupe de Ville.

17226487-1967-cadillac-deville-std.jpg

I did know about the X - body connection for the 76 - 79 . The bustle back gen 2 cars were Much harder to love , only because of the examples you've presented. Here is one more mod that I can't stand , the carriage top , who thought that it was a good to have the look of a convertible top up , without the plusses of a rag top ?View attachment 530007

I don't mind the looks of the carriage top on these things, but prefer the cars without 'em. Just a much cleaner look, and you lose the potential for rust. My biggest knock against these cars is that they're a front wheel drive. If they'd been RWD, I probably would've owned one by now.

Yeah @Squatch go take a look at that Ford up close, stick a magnet to it, but don't do it on an empty stomach. Make sure you stop by your favorite burger spot and eat before, and be sure to have a beer or three, you know to calm the nerves, then you'll be ready to make a wise decision. ;) Also take your most excitable car-guy friend.

The '59 is in a league of its own. If you own a '59, everything else is an "Oh, yeah, and I also have a...". :cool:

It is iconic. It's also a great example of what's been lost in automotive design over the years...compare it to something like the androgynous, featureless, soulless face of a Tesla. Makes you wonder why they even pay automotive designers these days... :D

Begs the question, does automotive design follow society or the other way around? We do seem to have gone the androgynous, featureless, soulless route, no? :unsure:

It is iconic. It's also a great example of what's been lost in automotive design over the years...compare it to something like the androgynous, featureless, soulless face of a Tesla. Makes you wonder why they even pay automotive designers these days... :D

Begs the question, does automotive design follow society or the other way around? We do seem to have gone the androgynous, featureless, soulless route, no? :unsure:

For most, cars are nothing but a means of transportation. Modern cars would seem to be geared towards them.

Let's not talk Caddies. That's a weak spot for me. I really want one.

1716810212254.jpeg

There's a '64 floating around here that my grandpaw let slide by years ago. It was for sale last year, but the guy wanted $18K and that's out of my range.
1716810333976.jpeg

Also, this '58 :love:

58cadillacdevillecoupe.jpg

The '59 is in a league of its own. If you own a '59, everything else is an "Oh, yeah, and I also have a...". :cool:

A good friend of mine is selling off a number of classic Caddies. He and his Father restored dozens of them dating from 1914 into the the mid 70's. He's over in Spokane and has 3 Fleetwoods for sale around this vintage. (2) 58's and a 60. He's also got a 69 Caddie 60 Special and a couple DeVille's including a 64 Convertible among others.

He runs an Ebay store for Caddie parts too.

Just sayin.....

Cadillac badass CTV-V

A local guy had an earlier CTS-V 6-speed with a F1 Procharger on it and tiny chambered mufflers. It sounded good and I'm sure it was fast. It was a cool car owned by a douchebag (I knew him personally). The funny thing was when he first got the car, he couldn't drive stick. I watched him stall out twice leaving a parking lot, and my cousin had to put two clutches in it in the first 6 months. :LOL: