Centramatic Tire Balancers

AndyG

Because some other guys are perverts
Lifetime Supporting Member
When I saw the number of weights the tire shop used to get my new 12.5” x 33” Kenda Klever tires on beadlocks “ the best they could” I decided to try a set of centramatic tire balancers.

They make these mud tires feel like my KO2’s, smooth as can be. It is also reasonable to think they will extend the tire life.

If anyone is struggling for better road performance with M/T tires, you may want to give them a call.

I feel like they're too expensive for what they are but I've considered it for sure.

I do wonder how different/better they are compared to just dumping some beads in the tires.

Not for mine, running 15" rims.
They work great on mine-15”

3FD16716-2CD0-45AE-9FE9-AF732109F72E.jpeg

48B8EC68-5F86-4255-A0BC-5F537EF30FA6.jpeg

Reactions: J R and John Cooper
Another centramatic user here. I found mine used on eBay. They have maybe an 1/16th" of clearance from the rim. They fit snug on top of the existing wheel weights

20210317_192039.jpg
20210317_192532.jpg

Reactions: jjvw, J R and AndyG
@AndyG and myself were talking about this earlier today, I change my own oil and have to get my tires balanced at a tire store. If I went with centra matic balancers, I could change the oil and rotate the tires in my own shop, it keeps the extra in my pocket!!!

I have run the beads in the past and they worked well, but this looks even better!

Reactions: Claybirdd
I've been using them since moving to beadlocks. I didn't want to use beads and getting them balanced at a shop isn't possible at least close to me. I haven't had any issues with them even after chunking tires.

I've been using them since moving to beadlocks. I didn't want to use beads and getting them balanced at a shop isn't possible at least close to me. I haven't had any issues with them even after chunking tires.
So you run no balance weights in addition to these?

S
FWIW, I still have Discount Tire pull and balance the wheels. The centramatics just help with any imperfect wheel weight balance.
Same here. Left my tire dealer weights on. They can make the difference in being able to live with a set of tires.

Good post.

Reactions: J R and tworley
So you run no balance weights in addition to these?
I don't. Just the Centramatics. The weight might seem a little light but I haven't had an issue. Getting to/from the trails takes an hour or more and I run it up to 80 on the freeway. I've heard that others haven't had the luck I have.

Reactions: Apparition
I'm gonna give these a whirl. I have the same wheels as you @AndyG and the random tire guys at Discount where I bought my 33's are really just... Terrible. I've taken it back a few times, on one attempt I looked down at the inside of one wheel and there must have been half a package of weights stuck everywhere.

Reactions: AndyG
I'm gonna give these a whirl. I have the same wheels as you @AndyG and the random tire guys at Discount where I bought my 33's are really just... Terrible. I've taken it back a few times, on one attempt I looked down at the inside of one wheel and there must have been half a package of weights stuck everywhere.
I had weights on top of weights. Stacked.

• Wow
Reactions: John Cooper
I got them when I was still running steel wheels. The balancing issues I was having was crazy. They made an amazing difference.

I have not tried my aluminum wheels with out them but I can say it’s still smooth. I am not running a M/T tho.

I can say that the shipping is super slow right now but worth the cost and wait. Got a set coming for my Ram 2500 soon hopefully.

15”

F74A3C70-F9F5-4435-BCDA-47974FC9415B.jpeg

FA11D241-C696-4520-A17C-A0D57F518BCD.jpeg

Edit- Still using dealer weights along with them.

Reactions: Tob and AndyG
I got them when I was still running steel wheels. The balancing issues I was having was crazy. They made an amazing difference.

I have not tried my aluminum wheels with out them but I can say it’s still smooth. I am not running a M/T tho.

I can say that the shipping is super slow right now but worth the cost and wait. Got a set coming for my Ram 2500 soon hopefully.

15”

View attachment 283380
I think it

I think it makes sense to just leave the wheel weights on and let the product just smooth then out. Maybe help you get smoother at all speeds.
View attachment 283381

Edit- Still using dealer weights along with them.
Nice wheels.

Last edited:
Reactions: J R
I think it makes sense to just leave the wheel weights on and let the product just smooth then out. Maybe help you get you smoother at all speeds.

Nice wheels.
I agree 100%.

Thank you! They were a Father’s Day gift!

Reactions: AndyG