Charlotte the '99 Sahara

I'm impressed by his progress. It takes most folks YEARS to make the circle. lol
I know a lot of people who will never make the circle...Lots of lightbars and pocket flares.

For being what, 15? You're making some great choices! Nice ride. I love the sahara with half doors!

I had nothing to do while I wait for my frame nut inserts from @mrblaine so I decided to slap on my oem fog lights and I think they complete the stubby bumper look
EC8A7919-606F-42C1-A39D-7D55153D5AEF.jpeg

I have the best news ever, its a few days till I get my gears swapped and I was scrolling craigslist and a saw a arb air locker for a dana 44 from a tj for $350! heck of a deal, so naturally I spent more of my collage savings on it so now i'll have a locker, yay.
i'll fill y'all in when I get it and the new gears installed

@thekidwithquestions, loving the way this build is turning out. Love the color, good choices getting rid of all that stuff and going back more stockish with the lift and wheels and tires. Looking killer, and an ARB Locker! YEAH! That's going to take you places you never imagined!

That's coming together REALLY well. I really like the color, and yeah - a lot of us fall for the "bling" thing at first until we realize some of it is just that :cool: I'm liking the build. I don't know if I should suggest it but I will anyway lol. Pull the grill and paint it with black bedliner. Only saying so because it looks really good on mine which is similar color/contrast. And those pesky bugs can't chip your paint going down a little highway. :) Not blingy at all but the color contrast looks really nice on a Jeep of that color range. Mines been around a bit but here's a recentish pick to show the black trim look.
I like your flares on YOUR Jeep better - I like the flats on mine but they make my 33" tires look so small lol.
I also painted the wheel wells with bedliner. No bling just building it capable - but it's been in the works and morphed several times over :)
And before anyone says it - no - the oil spot under my Jeep is not FROM my Jeep - it was there when I moved in.
IMG_2420.JPG

That's coming together REALLY well. I really like the color, and yeah - a lot of us fall for the "bling" thing at first until we realize some of it is just that :cool: I'm liking the build. I don't know if I should suggest it but I will anyway lol. Pull the grill and paint it with black bedliner. Only saying so because it looks really good on mine which is similar color/contrast. And those pesky bugs can't chip your paint going down a little highway. :) Not blingy at all but the color contrast looks really nice on a Jeep of that color range. Mines been around a bit but here's a recentish pick to show the black trim look.
I like your flares on YOUR Jeep better - I like the flats on mine but they make my 33" tires look so small lol.
I also painted the wheel wells with bedliner. No bling just building it capable - but it's been in the works and morphed several times over :)
And before anyone says it - no - the oil spot under my Jeep is not FROM my Jeep - it was there when I moved in.
View attachment 271595
ive thought about painting that before, maybe later, I don't trust myself I know ill mess it up

ive thought about painting that before, maybe later, I don't trust myself I know ill mess it up
TBH looking closer at your pictures you already got rid of the chrome headlight surround thingies for black ones. That was the main thing I painted first and once done I decided to paint the whole grill lol. With that chrome gone I like the way your front looks as is. I think i'd stick with that.

View attachment 271595
So..You tell him to paint his grill with black bedliner then don't post a pic of said modification? Amateur hour over here!

So..You tell him to paint his grill with black bedliner then don't post a pic of said modification? Amateur hour over here!
Hehe - sorry, didn't have a decent picture at the time. SO, just for you I took one while i'm doing my rear brakes today :)
And learning that I HATE rear drums in the process lol. Next up for me is rear disk brake conversion..........someday.
But, as I said I think I like his grill as is with the light ring being black now. Just seems to fit.

IMG_2526.JPG

Hehe - sorry, didn't have a decent picture at the time. SO, just for you I took one while i'm doing my rear brakes today :)
And learning that I HATE rear drums in the process lol. Next up for me is rear disk brake conversion..........someday.
But, as I said I think I like his grill as is with the light ring being black now. Just seems to fit.

View attachment 273684
that looks really good

It really doesn't. Don't get any ideas about bedlining any exterior parts, it's an awful idea.
Why is it an awful idea? I rather like the look on mine. I suppose to each their own but i've gotten compliments on it.
AND, you might notice I said in retrospect his Jeep looks right as is.....
Anyway - we don't need to be highjacking his build thread.

Last edited:
Reactions: thekidwithquestions