Coil spring suggestions?

LeviBrian

Glad i found this TJ only forum. Im in the market for coil springs. DO NOT want to install a set that ends up with a forward rake. Interested in the currie 4's, RK 3 1/2 "dual rate", Synergy 4's. Can you guys help me out here?

@LeviBrian, it sounds like you're interested in a 4" lift, correct?

If so, I have the Currie 4" lift kit (which includes their springs), and I can tell you first hand that there is NO forward rake whatsoever. It's actually perfectly level in the front and rear, which I really like.

I can't speak for the Synergy springs, but I can tell you that Currie builds arguably the best Jeep suspension out there. I think you'd be very, very happy with Currie personally.

Reactions: LeviBrian
BTW, here's some photos of my TJ Rubicon with the Currie 4" springs.

IMG_5220.jpg
IMG_5221.jpg

Reactions: LeviBrian
Glad i found this TJ only forum. Im in the market for coil springs. DO NOT want to install a set that ends up with a forward rake. Interested in the currie 4's, RK 3 1/2 "dual rate", Synergy 4's. Can you guys help me out here?

Need some info on the Jeep, specifically how the weight is distributed and the accessories. It's very possible that you may end up with a 3" spring in the rear and a 4" in the front of you are that concerned about the forward rake.

Here is mine with Currie 4" springs. The front end has about 150 extra pounds of bumper and winch and the 4.0. It's a soft top, no rear seat, with a 33" spare and bumper/carrier combo in the rear. You can see that mine sits a bit higher in the back.

image.jpeg

Reactions: LeviBrian and Chris
Thanks guys. Should have given a little more info: No winch, 33" spare bumper with tire carrier in the back no back seat. planning on steel bumper/stinger up front. No plans for winch anytime soon. No offense to anyone but i just hate the forward rake. If anything I like the rear to sit a touch lower (totally a visual thing). trying to avoid pulling the front springs back out right after installing them to put spacers like I did last time.

Yea Im going with the curries. Clayton has 4" coils for a nice price. I wonder if those are Currie springs? Your Jeep sits perfect IMO.

I can't comment on IRO springs, but I disliked their track bars (which I used to have). Currie is top notch stuff. I have their entire suspension system and it's seriously amazing in both quality and performance.

I think you'll be happy if you get the Currie springs. Hit up @AOR, he's a site sponsor and he will get you a better deal on them than anyone else, guaranteed.

http://www.metalcloak.com/TJ-Wrangler-4-5-Front-Coil-Spring-Dual-Rate-p/7066.htm

I have a RE 4.5 right now and I love it. It rides great does awesome off road... But my only complaint is how the front springs fall out of the buckets at full flex, not completely out just at the very edge of falling out. I was thinking of switching out to the metalcloak dual rates. What do you guys think?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can't comment on IRO springs, but I disliked their track bars (which I used to have). Currie is top notch stuff. I have their entire suspension system and it's seriously amazing in both quality and performance.

I think you'll be happy if you get the Currie springs. Hit up @AOR, he's a site sponsor and he will get you a better deal on them than anyone else, guaranteed.
So Chris, what size tires are on the Jeep in the picture?

http://www.metalcloak.com/TJ-Wrangler-4-5-Front-Coil-Spring-Dual-Rate-p/7066.htm

I have a RE 4.5 right now and I love it. It rides great does awesome off road... But my only complaint is how the front springs fall out of the buckets at full flex, not completely out just at the very edge of falling out. I was thinking of switching out to the metalcloak dual rates. What do you guys think?

The RE kit is a really good value. The short arm kit. I only steered away from it bc of a few negative things I read regarding control arm bushings, and sagging springs (?????). Could've been old threads tho. I dont know anything firsthand about the MC dual rates. I would like to hear what anybody has to say about them bc i am interested in the RK ones.

Reactions: Chris
The RE kit is a really good value. The short arm kit. I only steered away from it bc of a few negative things I read regarding control arm bushings, and sagging springs (?????). Could've been old threads tho. I dont know anything firsthand about the MC dual rates. I would like to hear what anybody has to say about them bc i am interested in the RK ones.
They had problems with their bushing a couple years ago but they have switched now and they use something different. The bushing problems were solved as far as I know. I feel like my front has sagged a bit. It sits maybe an inch lower than the rear.

Bushing problems were quite some years ago and was also industry wide for those mfgs using similar compounds. Bad batch of material coming out of the suppliers plant. Was corrected at least a year before they went into bankruptcy. Full Traction went through a bunch of free replacement bushings under warranty because of that situation.

RK's dual rate coils for the TJ will net you more lift without a full loaded trail rig. They rate all their springs for nominal ride height with all the bumpers, gear, winch, full-sized spare etc..

I'm in the same boat, I've narrowed it down to metalcloaks 3.5" and curries 4". Anything will be an upgrade over the rough country springs in mine currently. I've replaced all the other components to the lift and springs are next on my list. I've read great things on both springs any one have first hand experience with both and have preferences?

I read a while back somewhere else where this guy had vey throughly compared the Metalcloak springs and the Currie springs on his TJ. He ended up really liking the Currie springs much better, citing that the Metalcloak ones were a bit too rough of a ride for the street.

I am obviously biased heavily towards Currie, however, this guy was givin a fully unbiased opinion.

Reactions: SaharaTJ01
Do you by chance remember where you saw that write up? I've read that metalcloaks were really designed taking consideration of heavy bumpers and winches. How long have you had the currie springs? Have you noticed any settling in them?

Do you by chance remember where you saw that write up? I've read that metalcloaks were really designed taking consideration of heavy bumpers and winches. How long have you had the currie springs? Have you noticed any settling in them?

This is correct, the MC springs were designed for full armor, bumpers, winch, etc. I spoke with them directly about this for confirmation. They stated that with my relatively light TJ I would get 4.5"-5" of lift.

I was told by Gerald from Savvy that my 4" Currie springs would settle by about 1/2" after a few months (I don't drive it all that often) to be right at 4".