Costco gas stations

@Chris 's Costco in Salem has the worst parking lot and access. I think it was designed by Stevie Wonder with a consult from Mickey Mouse.

Yep, I agree. This is why we avoid it like the plague. Most of the times Costco is okay, but the one here in Salem is an absolute joke any time of day and any day of the week. Like I said... Disney World for adults :ROFLMAO:

Proud of ya for keeping cool, I probably wouldn't have been so level headed.

Costco gas pump layout was designed by a complete moron. Most cars have the filler on the left side, so the pumps for the right side of the car are always open. The people pulling the gas nozzle over to the drivers side to fill up are ignorant because the bulge on top of the pump nozzle is the shutoff valve. It won't always work if it's sideways or upside down.
I’d have to say I pull the gas nozzle to the driver side if those are the lanes that are open and I’ve never had an issue filling up. But then again I support the hose with the off pump hand and make sure the nozzle is in straight.

Reactions: InOmaha and L J
The fact that we have to wait for attendants to fill our gas in Oregon already irritates me
Just as an FYI, should you drive a diesel, Oregon law allows you to pump your own fuel. The reasoning? Diesel has a much higher flashpoint than gasoline, so it's less dangerous. That's the basis of Oregon's law regarding not being allowed to pump your own gas: Safety. I've had two different attendants give me the same explanation, while allowing me to fuel up my diesel truck. :rolleyes:

Just as an FYI, should you drive a diesel, Oregon law allows you to pump your own fuel. The reasoning? Diesel has a much higher flashpoint than gasoline, so it's less dangerous. That's the basis of Oregon's law regarding not being allowed to pump your own gas: Safety. I've had two different attendants give me the same explanation, while allowing me to fuel up my diesel truck. :rolleyes:

I am aware of that ... and the safety argument does not make sense to me fully. Are people flirting with danger in other states, then, whenever they pump gas? :)

I think the whole thing has to do with "creating more jobs" rather than safety. Don't want to turn this into a political discussion so I will stop there :)

I am aware of that ... and the safety argument does not make sense to me fully. Are people flirting with danger in other states, then, whenever they pump gas? :)

I think the whole thing has to do with "creating more jobs" rather than safety. Don't want to turn this into a political discussion so I will stop there :)
Please don't misunderstand me, my friend. I don't buy into the safety aspect, either. Like you, I've always felt it was about generating jobs, more than anything else. I was just sharing the reasoning given to the general public. Because, you know, we're all a bunch of sheep, right? ;):)

Reactions: psrivats
Please don't misunderstand me, my friend. I don't buy into the safety aspect, either. Like you, I've always felt it was about generating jobs, more than anything else. I was just sharing the reasoning given to the general public. Because, you know, we're all a bunch of sheep, right? ;):)

I thought we are a bunch of Jeep, no? :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: Squatch
I have never had a problem at my Oregon Costco. They have 3 cars pull in to fill all the pumps. They start filling the 1st then the second and finally the 3rd. After those 3 leave they pull 3 more in. I guess I'm lucky.

I'll tolerate a fair bit of bullshit from the general public and not take it personally right up until the point where you put hands on me. That shit don't fly.

My reasoning the entire time they were screaming was this. I was winning. I didn't need to lash out back at them to prove who was right or wrong. That calmer I acted the more frustrated and mad the other two became. I love watching other people's blood boil while they're trying to upset me. Plus, if this guy actually hits me, his ass gets sued. It's a win for me, as long as I don't let my anger get the better of me. The ironic part is that the womanwas mad at me for wasting her time, so she proceeded to retaliate, which costed her another 15 minutes on top of the 0 minutes that were wasted by me slipping in front of them. Was I angry? Yes, but as long as I didn't show it, I had the upper hand. However, I do understand fighting back, in some cases it's the only solution.

I'll tolerate a fair bit of bullshit from the general public and not take it personally right up until the point where you put hands on me. That shit don't fly.
And here I thought you would like a good slap on the bottom...

from a hot chick of your choosing

I won’t even put up with the bullshit of Costco or sams club gas. It’s not worth it to save a few cents a gallon. At most I’m saving $2 or so on a tank. If you’re that cheep about your gas maybe you should just buy a bus pass.

Reactions: Chris
Costco gas pump layout was designed by a complete moron. Most cars have the filler on the left side, so the pumps for the right side of the car are always open.

Having only one row of pumps or having cars haphazardly coming into the station from both directions would be a well thought-out and more efficient design?

:unsure:

The people pulling the gas nozzle over to the drivers side to fill up are ignorant because the bulge on top of the pump nozzle is the shutoff valve. It won't always work if it's sideways or upside down.

It's a non-issue unless one is a complete moron.

At most I’m saving $2 or so on a tank. If you’re that cheep about your gas maybe you should just buy a bus pass.

or maybe that $2 adds up to more Jeep parts or other less important things

Costco, the store where you can't carry a couple items in your hands because everything is in extra large packages so you must get a cart. Go in for three things come out with 10 and you are down $150. Damn! I try to avoid it for that reason but I do go there when I need paper towels, toilet paper or diapers.

Reactions: KMET
Oh, also, people at Costco get gas like this just to be in the shortest line, which I think is insane and dangerous.

View attachment 129166
There's nothing wrong with doing this.

The people you had the encounter with didn't handle it very well. But just because you kept your cool, doesn't mean you weren't being rude as hell for cutting in front of the others. My guess is that if you continue to do it, you will be confronted occasionally. And at some point it could get messy.

Makes me glad I don't live there. I've never waited a line like that. Sure, we see them on busy summer or holiday weekends, but they're the exception to rule.

I dont see the problem in filling up when the tank is in the opposite side, I do it when theres no other spot. It works just the same........

the pump is design to go anywhere inside the yellow square painted at the bottom.

Reactions: Chris and jazngab
Having only one row of pumps or having cars haphazardly coming into the station from both directions would be a well thought-out and more efficient design? :unsure:

There are no Costcos near me. This is how our closest Sam's is set up.

1|2..........3|4..........5|6..........7|8..........9|10..........11|12
^..^........ ..^..^..........^..^..........^..^...........^..^ .............^..^

Sometimes I have to wait behind more than one car already at a pump but that's kinda rare.

Now, talking about filling up on the wrong side, I'm having trouble remembering any filler hose that's long enough to get that far. I know they used to exist.

Costco, the store where you can't carry a couple items in your hands because everything is in extra large packages so you must get a cart. Go in for three things come out with 10 and you are down $150. Damn! I try to avoid it for that reason but I do go there when I need paper towels, toilet paper or diapers.

Same here, no diapers though.... 4 cases of dog food and only during mid week before noon time.

It's always been apparent to me the high odds of conflict at those pumps. Knowing I already have anger issues with people that can't seem to follow simple human etiquette, I consciously avoid them. Same with people who don't put their fucking shopping carts back.

Same here, no diapers though.... 4 cases of dog food and only during mid week before noon time.

It's always been apparent to me the high odds of conflict at those pumps. Knowing I already have anger issues with people that can't seem to follow simple human etiquette, I consciously avoid them. Same with people who don't put their fucking shopping carts back.
Go to Chewy.com and you could avoid getting the dog food there at all.