1. Want to have your TJ featured as the November 2018 "Ride of the Month"? The winner will receive a $200 gift card from Metalcloak! Click here to submit a photo of your TJ. Submissions are accepted until October 20th!
    Dismiss Notice

Currie Antirock CE-9900 $360 on Amazon

Discussion in 'TJ General Discussion' started by Alex01, Mar 29, 2018.

1. Squatch

Squatch Master Thread Derailer
    Supporting Member

Well, I will admit that I never figured I'd get one, as I thought the JKS discos would suffice (was one of the earliest purchases made in my quest to improve the rig). However, in the (almost) year that I've been on this forum, I've read so many testaments to the advantages of the Currie AR that I've since had a change of opinion. Being in Washington state, of course, I pay the governor his share, so my $360 purchase is more like $394 :mad:, but whatever. What's Caesar's is Caesar's. Still a better deal than it has been in the past. So now I'll have a new set of JKS discos up for sale, I guess...:rolleyes:

2. Westtown Willy

Westtown Willy TJ Enthusiast

You’ve made a good decision, honestly when I hear the dramatic responses experienced by a very small percentage of those that have tried it I can’t help but believe there’s something else going on with their rigs & this is only based on my own experience with what amounted to a nominal, noticeable, but nominal increase in roll. Putting aside performance, of which there is a boost, the convenience of not twice per outing crawling under your rig to fuck with those stupid disconnects or bolts alone makes this thing a worthwhile investment if you wheel often & even more so for the lazy man :D

Squatch likes this.
  3. tworley

tworley TJ Enthusiast
    Supporting Member Ride of the Month Winner

Wow a good deal!

I found mine used on CL for $225:) The only thing I dont have are the "Currie AntiRock" stickers for it.

Chris and tomtaylz like this.
  4. Serbonze

Serbonze TJ Neophyte
    Supporting Member

Jesus Christ, give it a rest. God forbid someone have a different damn opinion.

5. Serbonze

Serbonze TJ Neophyte
    Supporting Member

I did the same thing. You all should just wait until Ebay has a 15% or 20% off of anything and you can get amazing deals.

tomtaylz likes this.
  6. Chris

Chris Administrator
    Staff Member

Ha, if you want to avoid sales tax you can always send me the money, I’ll buy it, and then keep it at my place for next time you’re down in the area. Just saying... in case you don’t want to get dinged on larger purchases.

Squatch, Serbonze and Nicholas like this.
  7. tomtaylz

tomtaylz TJ Enthusiast
    Supporting Member

Or eBay, there’s one 354 there, but be sure to put it on your taxes at the end of the year ;););)

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-5...0001&campid=5337789113&icep_item=123132813599

Alex01 likes this.
  8. Chris

Chris Administrator
    Staff Member

9. Westtown Willy

Westtown Willy TJ Enthusiast

wow, someone's touchy hahaha, sorry it bothers you that I had a good experience, perhaps you oughta take your own advice & maybe consider avoiding threads that talk about the AR because they obviously upset you :D

10. Mr. Bills

Mr. Bills TJ Enthusiast

Winner, winner, chicken dinner.

Chris likes this.
  11. Serbonze

Serbonze TJ Neophyte
    Supporting Member

It doesn’t bother me at all that you had a good experience, I’m glad that you did. And just the same, it shouldn’t bother you that I had a bad experience. If you pay attention, I’ve never once told anyone not to buy one. I drive a trail only Jeep in Maine with front and rear ARs, and it’s great.

Threads about the AR don’t upset me, but of course I’m going to respond when you post something that is quite obviously about me or the one other person on this board that wasn’t happy with it on the street.

This place really is starting to become just like Jeep Forum where group think is the only think.

12. KMG

KMG TJ Enthusiast

Or is it individuals thinking independently and coming to the same conclusion. Reminds me of when people say "Fake News" when the information doesn't fit their opinion.

13. Mr. Bills

Mr. Bills TJ Enthusiast

Let's don't go down that road. Whether or not someone likes or dislikes the road manners of the Currie Anti-Rock Offroad Swaybar is a matter of personal preference. One doesn't have to agree. People "thinking independently and coming to the same conclusion" does not justify "our way or you must be full of it" thinking. Mobspeak does not equate to critical thinking.

Chris and Alex01 like this.
  14. Squatch

Squatch Master Thread Derailer
    Supporting Member

LOL Thanks, brother! But yeah, I had already bought it when I made the post. Still, I might take you up on that with the E-locker, or any other big-bucks purchase that the demon might try to get me on. ;)

15. Chris

Chris Administrator
    Staff Member

No problem! I know that with some of those big purchases, the sales tax can add up!

Squatch likes this.