Currie arms aren't long enough to work with Savvy tummy tuck

I wouldn't bet on it. The only way that would be true is if the diff cover is slamming hard into the front of the gas tank skid and even then I'm not sure you could make it hit.
How do you know? I assume he’s running an angled relocation bracket, but what trackbar? Nothing really works except the Currie, that I know of.

Looking at his rear wheel in the wheel well at ride height, he definitely has the axle moved forward, so from that perspective you may be right. Are you suggesting he has everything set up right?

8A86C5F4-C115-4E06-813C-56FF7CEE2E56.jpg

If you like people now, wait until you own a business, then you will hate everyone...especially know it all's and cheap fuckers who want everything for nothing.
I didn't have much of an overall opinion about people in general until we started selling to the public. Then I learned that if you run a business, folks believe they purchase the right to tell you what to do, how to do it, when to do it, and a very large number of them will try to fuck you at every turn. Sorry, no, the customer is not always right. If I live by that rule then that fucks everyone else because I have to mark up my profit higher to cover all the free shit folks demand that I send them.

If I need to solve a warranty problem and I send out a free part first, the chances of the "bad" part getting sent back is 1 in 500.
If someone fucks up my parts, the chances of them being honest about how it happened are 1 in 1000.
If someone lets a product sit in the garage for 2 years and there is an issue trying to install it, that now constitutes an emergency and I'm supposed to jump through my ass to fix it. Dude, I had to go back two years to find your order, I'm in as much of a hurry as you are.
A shop can and will fuck up the install more often than anyone else because they do not read the instructions which they consider mere suggestions at best and most often, fancy packing material.
Paying the prices they want for freight nowadays sucks donkey balls.

How do you know? I assume he’s running an angled relocation bracket, but what trackbar? Nothing really works except the Currie, that I know of.

Looking at his rear wheel in the wheel well at ride height, he definitely has the axle moved forward, so from that perspective you may be right. Are you suggesting he has everything set up right?

View attachment 204426
My assumptions are based on the correct parts. I could very well be wrong.

@mrblaine I am running the Currie relocation bracket and adjustment track bar. I did cycle the suspension and check everything when I initially did the installation. It lined up and looked good at that time. I will be pulling the Jeep into the garage this weekend and will cycle everything and post pics.

Do you not have tools and a parking lot or space to make adjustments to your setup?

I have tools and a couple spots where I can do simple things like bumpers, lights, an alternator, fluid changes, installing and uninstalling control arms, etc... I can do pretty much anything I need to keep the Jeep up and running well.

That being said, I’m not going to try to cycle my suspension in my uneven parking garage or outside in a random parking lot. Only Jesus Christ himself knows if my bump stops are even close to set correctly. That’ll change eventually though.

• Haha
Reactions: Daryl and JMT
I have tools and a couple spots where I can do simple things like bumpers, lights, an alternator, fluid changes, installing and uninstalling control arms, etc... I can do pretty much anything I need to keep the Jeep up and running well.

That being said, I’m not going to try to cycle my suspension in my uneven parking garage or outside in a random parking lot. Only Jesus Christ himself knows if my bump stops are even close to set correctly. That’ll change eventually though.
This sums up my city living experience with only an uncovered and uneven parking lot to work. I'm more excited about having a garage in December once we move than anything. I'm already planning all the Jeep work to be done.

This sums up my city living experience with only an uncovered and uneven parking lot to work. I'm more excited about having a garage in December once we move than anything. I'm already planning all the Jeep work to be done.
Thank God my shop is within walking distance of my apartment or I’d have nowhere to work on my Jeep. I can even leave it apart overnight and finish it in the morning if I have to.

I do this for SEO purposes. Don't take it personally, but certain things are better for search results than others. In this case, an accurate and descriptive forum title will be more likely to come up in search results for someone with a similar issue in the future.

That's one of the ways I've managed to make this forum so successful, is because I have a big background in search engine optimization (SEO).

Now back to the topic at hand:

Your arms will work with the Savvy tummy tuck, your shop just likely doesn't know what they are doing. If in doubt, go to your shop and post pictures. So many people run these arms and the Savvy tummy tuck, they are made to work together.
I have noticed using Google that it might not be indexing the usernames with the post. If I’m searching for an old post of mine or someone else’s, for example if I search [Sidemarker LEDs “Steel City 06”] it doesn’t bring up any of my posts unless I have been quoted by someone else on that page. Makes it a bit harder to find things sometimes

I have noticed using Google that it might not be indexing the usernames with the post. If I’m searching for an old post of mine or someone else’s, for example if I search [Sidemarker LEDs “Steel City 06”] it doesn’t bring up any of my posts unless I have been quoted by someone else on that page. Makes it a bit harder to find things sometimes

I would use the forum search for that and search by threads started by user.

Reactions: Steel City 06
@Blackjack I did all of the tummy tuck work. I thought I had it cleared but it's obvious that I didn't get enough space.

Thanks for the all the words of encouragement. I'll get some pictures posted later. In the meantime I need to prep for a very important work meeting this afternoon.

Ok some of your earlier post made it sound like they were involved with the TT install. As someone who takes money from people to fix stuff I would have to fix that issue first as you cannot correct any driveshaft issues properly. Part of making sure driveshafts are happy it to test drive them and there is no way you can do that with the Tcase buzzing through the floor.

Did we find out if the control arms work now?

I'm sure the Currie TB bracket works, too many that vouch for it that know what they are doing and wanted it for my rig. I couldn't get the Currie TB bracket in time, so I ended up with the Rubicon Express angled bracket. The bracket I had isn't angled and the bar wouldn't clear the gas tank skid. Also used a Core 4x4 rear track bar... All is happy in the rear now. The RE bracket and Core4x4 pieces work very well together at 4".

As for shops... There are many kinds. Here in AZ, we have shops that I have no problem with letting them work on my rig. I do plenty myself, but I'm not a fabricator. LetzRoll Offroad and Absolute Offroad are seriously good shops here in AZ. But, there are lots of bolt on shops too... I'm a better bolt on shop then they are. 😝

I'm sure the Currie TB bracket works, too many that vouch for it that know what they are doing and wanted it for my rig. I couldn't get the Currie TB bracket in time, so I ended up with the Rubicon Express angled bracket. The bracket I had isn't angled and the bar wouldn't clear the gas tank skid. Also used a Core 4x4 rear track bar... All is happy in the rear now. The RE bracket and Core4x4 pieces work very well together at 4".

As for shops... There are many kinds. Here in AZ, we have shops that I have no problem with letting them work on my rig. I do plenty myself, but I'm not a fabricator. LetzRoll Offroad and Absolute Offroad are seriously good shops here in AZ. But, there are lots of bolt on shops too... I'm a better bolt on shop then they are. 😝
There is zero reason for the arms to not work. Just have to do arm length adjustment between upper and lower.

I wouldn’t go to LetzRoll if you paid me. Those guys might know how to do some stuff, but you should have heard their proposal for outboarding my TJ shocks 🤦🏻

They wanted to cut into the wheel arches in the rear tub and install hoops so that they could run a 14” travel rear coilover as opposed to the traditional 12” travel rear Fox shock.

After hearing that I instantly came to the conclusion those guys don’t know enough about TJs to let them work on my rig.

I wouldn’t go to LetzRoll if you paid me. Those guys might know how to do some stuff, but you should have heard their proposal for outboarding my TJ shocks 🤦🏻

They wanted to cut into the wheel arches in the rear tub and install hoops so that they could run a 14” travel rear coilover as opposed to the traditional 12” travel rear Fox shock.

After hearing that I instantly came to the conclusion those guys don’t know enough about TJs to let them work on my rig.
I get it, that wasn't the right build for you (wasn't for me either, not doing that big of a build)... But I've seen that system in action, it's their full custom coilover and it works really well.

For what it's worth, I go an hour away for Absolute Offroad most of the time. Big fan of Jason, he is such a straight shooter and tells it like it is.

flexy_LJ.jpg

Reactions: JMT
I get it, that wasn't the right build for you (wasn't for me either, not doing that big of a build)... But I've seen that system in action, it's their full custom coilover and it works really well.

For what it's worth, I go an hour away for Absolute Offroad most of the time. Big fan of Jason, he is such a straight shooter and tells it like it is.

View attachment 204459

The problem is (and @mrblaine, @jjvw, and so many others will tell you this as well), that fork lift shot doesn't tell the whole story, not even close.

I'm not saying that these guys can't build a rig, I'm just saying that their way of doing it is not something I agree with, therefore I would never trust them with my TJ.

The guys who built my last mid-arm rig in Oregon were the same way. They had tons of custom buggies they had built, tons of experience, but when it came to setting up the outboard shocks, they seemed generally clueless.

There also seems to be a commonality among so many of these shops, and that is that they chase numbers. For instance, I told them that I was going to put 12" travel Fox shocks in the rear, and their immediate response was, "Why bother with 12" when we can fit a 14" for you?".

Anyways, I'm okay with people doing whatever they want to their rig and letting whoever they want work on it. I personally would just not let any of the shops I've talked to here in Arizona work on my rig.

I finally just came to the conclusion that I'll outboard the shocks myself. I've read so much, done so much research, and just realized that if I get stuck, I'll call Blaine and have him talk me through it. I'd rather do it right the first time.

Reactions: Fixer6
I was taught that rule only applied to tapped holes.
Threads are threads, no? I have purposely tried to see how much it takes to strip out a 1 1/4-12 FK Jam nut by putting a floor jack under the end of a stout wrench. When I got the rig off the ground, I figured it was more than I cared to know and was good enough. So why does a hole in an arm need more than that?