Currie arms aren't long enough to work with Savvy tummy tuck

While not everyone's rig is the same, here's my .02. I'm coming up with 7.6 degrees difference between the pinion and DS. You want a couple degrees for deflection. Furthermore, I see you have a Rubicon. With the 241 having the dampening output shaft, the double cardan is further towards the rear of the vehicle than a 231 and a sye. So this puts the DS at a steeper angle. A Tummy Tuck amplifies this. It's quite possible that you need longer UCA's. Any vibes?

EDIT: I have a Rubicon on 4.5" MC coils, short arms and effectively a 2" tuck. I've heard elsewhere on the forum that the Savvy coils net higher lift gains. Later today, I can measure my UCA's, pinion and DS angles and report back for help.

Maybe my eyes are going crazy but they only adjusted one end of the uppers?

Last edited:
With this shit show I figured I would at least share some positive progress. Here is my fresh installed Savvy front bumper with Rigid fogs and spots. I still need to install the switch in the dash but when I tested it out my wife said it's "obnoxious". I take that as a huge win. It's amazing the amount of light these put out compared to my previous PIAA halogen spots with amazon special LED fogs.

IMG_3162[1].JPG

Well 7.6 degrees below is unacceptable for the pinion difference angle. That’s gonna vibrate bad at highway speed. Lowers need to go in more, and uppers out as much as physically possible. Might need to get Double Adjustable uppers if shortening the lowers doesn’t fix it.

Reactions: JMT
Yep, the axle definitely needs to be moved forward. Once you cycle the suspension you’ll see.

He might get 1/4"-3/8" out of the lowers based on the photos. I'm optimistic but I don't think it will be enough.

The axle looked pretty far forward to me in the photos from earlier but it could go further if you needed it to. If you absolutely have to get even more forward, out comes the chop saw on the lowers. Your current setup looks pretty maxed in terms of pulling the axle forward and raising the pinion angle.

I think @Blaine was saying it needs double adjustable uppers in order to work correctly. The single ones on it don't look like they have enough adjustment giving the lift/tuck size. The rear is almost as short as they get so there isn't much adjustment left.

If I was you I'd bite the bullet and order double adjustable uppers. They are easy to install, just make sure you only do one at a time. Once you have them in it will make dialing in the pinion extremely easy.

Reactions: JMT and jodomcfrodo
You definitely are in need of the double adjustable uppers. Shortening the lowers the last few threads will help a small amount right now. An upper coil mount relocation should be on your to do list as well.