Daily Driver, Go Where I Want To Build

Do you have a pic? Is there still enough meat on the isolator for the coil to rest against? I thought about that but didn't want to trim too much.

I trimmed mine the same way, I just made it tight against the aluminum to make sure the coil was on it. I considered longer bolts but figured with the little give in the isolator there’s a small chance they could work themselves out (which probably could have been addressed with lock tite).

Reactions: taylormade73
Speaking of rear frame raises, I wonder If he ever raised a rear frame just before the shock/tank crossmember. Or why it would be a bad idea?
What are you trying to accomplish? I've raised the rear frame sections in just about every way it is possible to do it for one reason or another.

Do you have a pic? Is there still enough meat on the isolator for the coil to rest against? I thought about that but didn't want to trim too much.
Trim may not be the best term as it’s not really trimmed. It’s just enough you still have to fight getting it around the isolater onto the spacer.
0E6D136A-B589-47AF-B907-D6B93F437513.jpeg

We have the frame nutserts. 1/2-13 and 12mm fit in 5/8" holes. 12mm that fits in an 11/16" hole. 3/8" that fits a 17/32" hole.

Do those nutserts have enough grip range for a Rubi pad? Aren't they thicker than non-Rubi's? Simple solution if the pad isn't too thick.

I trimmed the inside of the isolater to fit over the aluminum spacer easier. I then pre-installed the aluminum spacer into the spring and then fit the isolater over the aluminum spacer. This makes install and removal so much easier and quicker. It all becomes one piece, less to fight with. This allows you to feed the upper urethane bump stop in and bolt it to the frame without a balancing act.
Great timing! Great info! Doing this this weekend. Thanks gents.

Reactions: jjvw
What are you trying to accomplish? I've raised the rear frame sections in just about every way it is possible to do it for one reason or another.

Raise the tank, no 1.25" spacers and raise upper shock mounts all at once. My main concern is the track bar frame mount, but may do mid arms at the same time. It will be a winter project in November.

getting close?
looks good. i think splitting up those center pads even looks better, hope it's the ticket.

Reactions: jjvw
I have a 3/4" hole to fill with the right size threads. :)
threaded sleeve? what size threads you need it to be? i can look in my odds and ends at work tomrw.
and it has a 3/4" hole currently? how deep you got?

threaded sleeve? what size threads you need it to be? i can look in my odds and ends at work tomrw.
and it has a 3/4" hole currently? how deep you got?

The supplied Currie bolt is 1/2-13 x 1". I drilled a 3/4" hole through the lower spring seat.
20200521_164202.jpg