Daily Driver, Go Where I Want To Build

Ingersoll Rand...
  • Avg. Air Consumption: 6 CFM
  • Air Consumption @ Load: 25 CFM
Dynabrade...

-Average CFM @ 15 Second Run Time: 5.25 cfm
-CFM @ Full Load: 21 cfm

Looks like dynabrade uses less air.

Line pressure is line pressure, isn't it? Even if the manifold is near the tank?
Not line pressure, volume. I can put a 1/8" copper line on my compressor at 200 psi and that won't have the volume shoot through 20 CFM at 100 psi. I had that issue with my IR impact air ratchet. It won't run on the typical 1/4" air line we all use since it needs 17 CFM at 125 psi thereabouts.

Get a short 3/8" hose from a 5 gallon tire fill tank and set that near the rig. Feed that tank with the York and the shop compressor.

More cutting to the tires...
20200514_191107.jpg

...tried them out yesterday during another secret outing.
IMG_20200516_181050_01.jpg

They are getting better as far as grip, but I still want to do more. The squealing sound on pavement has mostly faded away. Road noise isn't bad yet.

Last edited:
Regarding the front tires scrubbing the rear wall, I added a cup washer to the upper shock bushing to reduce the up travel a small amount. That along with pulling the body backwards on the frame recently made a noticeable difference in maneuverability.
20200504_151609.jpg

Reactions: psrivats
I have a Matco Tools die grinder that does a great job. I don't know the spec's on it anymore since I brought it back in 1993 I think.
I'd be happy to loan it if it'd help you out.

I have a Mac Tools die grinder that does a great job. I don't know the spec's on it anymore since I brought it back in 1993 I think.
I'd be happy to loan it if it'd help you out.

After talking to Blaine a bit more about that, I think I will learn how to use the plasma and just go for it. If (when) I accidently cut the frame, I'll weld it shut like I did everywhere else I cut up the frame.

After talking to Blaine a bit more about that, I think I will learn how to use the plasma and just go for it. If (when) I accidently cut the frame, I'll weld it shut like I did everywhere else I cut up the frame.

Yes I've got a few of those spots I need to fill in also. Luckily I've not done too much damage so far.

• Haha
Reactions: jjvw
Yes I've got a few of those spots I need to fill in also. Luckily I've not done too much damage so far.

The plasma will save hours of time and struggle. And this means I can get the project done a bit sooner than the original plan would allow.

Probably goes without saying but if you’ve never used a plasma cutter before, grab some scrap metal to practice before you cut into the track bar mount. I’ve used a plasma cutter for all of 20 minutes before, but I was 10x better in the 15th minute than I was in the first.

i'd be bringing it all............. torches, plasma, cut off wheels, die grinder and sawzall.
this is more a carving than a cutting.

• Haha
Reactions: Wildman