Daily Driver, Go Where I Want To Build

Okay, that's what I figured. Do you ever regret not getting an Unlimited for the extra driveshaft length?

Not really. I like the smaller platform. If anything, I would prefer to stretch the rear.

Not really. I like the smaller platform. If anything, I would prefer to stretch the rear.

That's my thought as well. I'd actually prefer a stretched TJ over an Unlimited, as I like the smaller platform.

Reactions: jjvw
I don't as mine is a Rubicon. I spoke with Blaine, and we're going to do a new driveshaft with 1350 joints. I believe he mentioned it being around $600, but that's fine.

Okay, that's what I figured. Do you ever regret not getting an Unlimited for the extra driveshaft length?

That's about what I paid 10 years ago and I was buying both front and rear. $1k for both shafts.

Reactions: Chris
I don't as mine is a Rubicon. I spoke with Blaine, and we're going to do a new driveshaft with 1350 joints. I believe he mentioned it being around $600, but that's fine.

Out of curiosity why the 1350 joints?

Reactions: Alex01
Not entirely sure. I believe that's what Blaine suggested when I spoke to him on the phone. Unless I misheard.
Interesting. I would think if you’re going for travel with the outboard and all that you would want 1310 joints as they will allow more droop of the DS without binding. At least that’s my understanding but I may be wrong

Interesting. I would think if you’re going for travel with the outboard and all that you would want 1310 joints as they will allow more droop of the DS without binding. At least that’s my understanding but I may be wrong

Maybe @mrblaine can comment on this. In all fairness, I may have misheard what Blaine said, so I don't want to put any words in his mouth.

A
Pop quiz hotshot!

Which is better?

A. A TJ stretched to be the exactly the same as an LJ

Or

2. a stock LJ

A TJ stretched to LJ WB but the rear pushed to the edge of the body. No overhang like a LJ and if you pushed the front forward also your approach and departure angles will be awesome.

Reactions: Feralkid and jjvw
A

A TJ stretched to LJ WB but the rear pushed to the edge of the body. No overhang like a LJ and if you pushed the front forward also your approach and departure angles will be awesome.
Good answer, hotshot! :)

• Haha
Reactions: Wildman
A

Good answer,
You win, something!

I haven't figured out what yet, let me rummage around...

• Haha
Reactions: Wildman
I think I’ve missed something? @Chris i understand needing a new rear shaft after all this work, I’m assuming the 1350 is just an upgrade and doesn’t mean it allows for more droop? Also @jjvw didn’t you need a new shaft for the rear? If so, wouldn’t Chris have the same outcome of having to limit travel.

I think I’ve missed something? @Chris i understand needing a new rear shaft after all this work, I’m assuming the 1350 is just an upgrade and doesn’t mean it allows for more droop? Also @jjvw didn’t you need a new shaft for the rear? If so, wouldn’t Chris have the same outcome of having to limit travel.

Yes, I don't think 1350 joints have anything to do with limiting travel. I think I misunderstood Blaine, as my kids were screaming in the background (literally) over some stupid crap.

The travel will have to be limited on mine as well, as the driveshaft is so short that I expect it is going to bottom out before the shocks (unless I'm wrong)?

Reactions: mattcogdell