Daily Driver, Go Where I Want To Build

When’s the last time you heard of a ring gear cracking in half?
I havent personally, I just figured if its stronger and worth the upgrade, why not go for it while its out

I havent personally, I just figured if its stronger and worth the upgrade, why not go for it while its out

If it costs more, then I think it would be a waste of money. If all things being equal, then there is probably no harm done.

Somewhere in my research, I recall reading that thick cut gears can have balancing issues. This could also easily be a myth, since I don't recall ever seeing any actual accounts of an unbalanced thick ring gear. Both of mine seem to be fine.

Reactions: D M
Not really since the standard thickness is more than ample to deal with any deflection whatsoever.

I would imagine that getting sufficient preload on the carrier would be more important in preventing deflection.

I have the bracket, idler pulley and belt from that kit. The rest is cobbled together.

@strumble8 has the full kit and might have some thoughts on it.
The oro kit is a good basic set up. I added a few things and got rid of a few things. It worked well for me mainly because I live a long ways from any salvage yards. If there was something nearby were I could source the york and proper pulley, and just purchase the bracket I probably would have done that.

Spring Creek earlier this morning

20201017_103529.jpg
20201017_103410.jpg
20201017_092357.jpg

Doesn't look like he's missing those patagonias!
Can you post your video of me hopping with the Patagonias? Yours too with your BFG All terrains. There is a stark contrast and proof that tires matter a lot. And that Patagonias are absolute garbage!