Daily Driver, Go Where I Want To Build

The hydraulic piston is a massive steering damper reducing much of the constant road noise from the track bar mount. And it moves a significant portion of the steering's reactive forces from the track bar to the axle. End result is far less fatigue on the TB mount.
Do you think the 3 link increases the forces on the TB?

Reactions: Alex01
Do you think the 3 link increases the forces on the TB?
At this moment of thinking, I would say it decreases the forces due to the lack of bind compared to the factory 4 link + track bar. But I suspect that difference is small. I depends on the amount of triangulation the factory setup has.

Reactions: Alex01 and DrDmoney
man, I would think you'd be good to go with all the extra beef added by that plate, but the brace can't hurt.

Are you still thinking of some front stretch in the future or did that idea die because of the work involved? I suppose at that point you might build a new mount?

Are you still thinking of some front stretch in the future or did that idea die because of the work involved? I suppose at that point you might build a new mount?

The stretch is still on the table. The other option is to revisit modifying the rear fender wall.

It's like a pair of old jeans, beat up, torn and patched. But how comfy will you be to keep that chunk for the move. Still the favored idea?

seeing that tear makes me feel mine might be a tad inadequate.
it's double shear at my frame but not real thick.

The front is almost done. What about the rear?
20201219_165712.jpg

All I can say about the strength of a 4-link long arm with RE CA’s and rear AntiRock is this pic. Can anyone guess what this guy broke on the trail today?

8BFA165F-30B6-4036-9CC2-938667EA86C0.jpeg

Don't worry we're all in this together! I have an outboard to do along with other things... Always nice to have help.
Would really really love to see some outboard videos on BFG YouTube. No one has a good walk through anywhere online. Thanks for uploading solid vids to the channel.

All I can say about the strength of a 4-link long arm with RE CA’s and rear AntiRock is this pic. Can anyone guess what this guy broke on the trail today?

View attachment 211804
Snapped the grade 8 bolt on the rear upper CA at the skid. I fault the RE joint myself. The terrain was nothing. I’d just led on 33’s and I didn’t believe he broke something. Moral: get good joints on your CA’s. The rig is running 37’s on Dana 44’s. There are a lot of shortcuts, me thinks.

Reactions: Alex01
Snapped the grade 8 bolt on the rear upper CA at the skid. I fault the RE joint myself. The terrain was nothing. I’d just led on 33’s and I didn’t believe he broke something. Moral: get good joints on your CA’s. The rig is running 37’s on Dana 44’s. There are a lot of shortcuts, me thinks.
That thing running the Tri Link?

That thing running the Tri Link?
It was after it broke the driver rear UCA! 🤣

Long arm 4-link. Once it broke the arm folded in see the Jeep and bent where it went under the diff. That was it. Tub shifted to the passenger and tire rubbed on the rear AntiRock.

It was after it broke the driver rear UCA! 🤣

Long arm 4-link. Once it broke the arm folded in see the Jeep and bent where it went under the diff. That was it. Tub shifted to the passenger and tire rubbed on the rear AntiRock.
I never understood why RE did not increase the size of those upper bolts. 10mm is just too small.