Daily Driver, Go Where I Want To Build

30" OTC tire levers for this
View attachment 406832

I can’t stand what is being passed off now days for some tools. You need some of these.

EAC7DC9F-02C4-4CE8-A912-9F089767138C.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: jjvw
Two hours for the second one. The goal is to do one a day this week. Then I might have secret beadlocks and lockout hubs next weekend!

Will regular tire shops be able to balance the wheel tire assembly?

And argue that 24 PSI is unsafe.

Back in the before times when the same people stayed around at my Discount Tire, they argued with me about tire pressure a couple times. When I would leave, I would immediately check the pressure and drain it if I had to. The guys would come out to ask what was wrong and I would remind them that I wanted 25psi and why the door sticker was no longer applicable. Eventually they quit filling up to whatever high pressure they had come up with.

Back in the before times when the same people stayed around at my Discount Tire, they argued with me about tire pressure a couple times. When I would leave, I would immediately check the pressure and drain it if I had to. The guys would come out to ask what was wrong and I would remind them that I wanted 25psi and why the door sticker was no longer applicable. Eventually they quit filling up to whatever high pressure they had come up with.

My local tire shop puts 42 PSI in every single time without fail so I have to do the same thing. They claim of course that it is to "seat the bead" and for "liability purposes" so if I want a different pressure to change it myself.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: L J and Apparition
My local tire shop puts 42 PSI in every single time without fail so I have to do the same thing. They claim of course that it is to "seat the bead" and for "liability purposes" so if I want a different pressure to change it myself.

Mine has seen me come back enough to ask what I want even in my other car, they listen now that I'm annoying enough to be recognized.

Reactions: Blackjack
:LOL: I took that shit back to America's Tire (Discount Tire in Socal) and told the manager WTF is this? They spun the tire on the wheel and got it down to a couple of ounces.

I'll roll my spare out tomorrow if I remember and I kid I you not you'll see the same weight layout. Ask me why I swapped to the BMB 15" rotors!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: L J
I've got one that looks similar from discount.

Has anyone used Les Schwab? There is one very close to my house that I am debating trying

I've got one that looks similar from discount.

Has anyone used Les Schwab? There is one very close to my house that I am debating trying

I did for my KO2 33s after I got the hub kit. Discount couldn't find me 5 tires, but Les Schwab had them in stock. Note that this was during the pandemic. Like every other chain, service quality depends on the people at the location you go to. No issues with the one I went.

Last edited:
Reactions: Woodrow and tworley