Daily Driver, Go Where I Want To Build

This is my first time being able to really study Blaine's design on the Savvy sliders. Something that I have never noticed and am really enjoying is how the aluminum rocker sits higher at the bottom corner of the body than one might expect.

20230325_173550.jpg

20230325_174613.jpg

The underside has a bend on the outboard side of the torque box that brings the corner up to the height of the tub lip.

Which means that the outer steel slider angles up. This means that despite the double layer of materials, the Savvy design has a bit more clearance than the more common 90° bend most other sliders have.
20230325_174135.jpg

For fun, this is the factory Rubicon decorative slider.
20230325_161936.jpg

There isn't much to them, yet they are surprisingly heavy for what they are.

Reactions: Alex01
Raw on these. We shall see what happens when I can do the permanent set of sliders and corners in the future.

We're you able to pick up a set of tub sliders or are you making your own?

We're you able to pick up a set of tub sliders or are you making your own?

I have the steel blanks for the mini boatsides. And they are long enough for at least a 6" stretch. When they are done, they will kinda sorta be in the spirit of what Savvy never made with several of the details found on what they did put into production.

I have the steel blanks for the mini boatsides. And they are long enough for at least a 6" stretch. When they are done, they will kinda sorta be in the spirit of what Savvy never made with several of the details found on what they did put into production.

I think he meant the tub sliders that go on top of the corner armor

I think he meant the tub sliders that go on top of the corner armor

Not sure on those. The Savvy rails are likely out of production for the foreseeable future. The best I might be able to do is just the long side above the wheel.

Push the rear back 6" to get to a 101" wheelbase from my current 95". And ensure that I'll be using the center skid more!

Are you bumping to 37's? Just seems like the natural progression I guess with a stretch and 17's. I'm sure you've already mentioned it. I'm in the back of the class with the slow kids.

Are you bumping to 37's? Just seems like the natural progression I guess with a stretch and 17's. I'm sure you've already mentioned it. I'm in the back of the class with the slow kids.

101 for 35s. I have no real interest in 37s and everything that goes with it to build around them well.

Reactions: bobthetj03
I got on the highway today. The tires need balancing, but they are better than some of the Discount Tire jobs I have had in the past. Aside from that, I think the hub kit has definitely smoothed out the overall noise at higher speeds. Once I can get the balancing done, this will be an even better Jeep on the street.