Daily Driver, Go Where I Want To Build

I always love that drive, not so much the hitting 80mph highway signs but the throwback to what I imagine of “the old west”. Eastern Utah up to SLC is high on my list of favorite driving spots.

Are you moving or doing some short term work trips where you get to rock the rig?

Reactions: tworley
I always love that drive, not so much the hitting 80mph highway signs but the throwback to what I imagine of “the old west”. Eastern Utah up to SLC is high on my list of favorite driving spots.

Are you moving or doing some short term work trips where you get to rock the rig?

Work is bringing me out here for the week. Moab is an unusual location for what we do, but I'll take it!

That turn off of 70 into town was very dramatic. The rocks are really bright red!

Reactions: rasband and JMT
Work is bringing me out here for the week. Moab is an unusual location for what we do, but I'll take it!

That turn off of 70 into town was very dramatic. The rocks are really bright red!
Man I wish I was there! Enjoy your time...

Reactions: jjvw
Make sure to go get a beer or dinner at the Red Cliffs Lodge one day. One of the most spectacular views I've had from a restaurant, especially around sunset. I found it last time I was in Moab back in 2017. It is a really nice spot. The drive to get there is just as nice.

Reactions: nk24 and jjvw
We finished work for the day and ran up Baby Lion's Back and the south section of Fins N Things before it got dark. It's really grippy out here!

How deep was the water at the backside of baby lion's back? I went through there in a RZR a few years ago and came out soaked. Fun little obstacle.

How deep was the water at the backside of baby lion's back? I went through there in a RZR a few years ago and came out soaked. Fun little obstacle.
Only a few inches. I drove around most of it. Where does it go? We turned around before the big downhill because I couldn't tell where the trail went and clear ways out were blocked with boulders.

Only a few inches. I drove around most of it. Where does it go? We turned around before the big downhill because I couldn't tell where the trail went and clear ways out were blocked with boulders.

You turned around at the downhill? How did you turn around up on top? From my memory it is pretty skinny up there.

The fact you turned around up there is pretty funny though. You completed the entire "trail" besides maybe 50 feet. It just turns 180 degrees right after the downhill section and goes back to the road.

You turned around at the downhill? How did you turn around up on top? From my memory it is pretty skinny up there.

The fact you turned around up there is pretty funny though. You completed the entire "trail" besides maybe 50 feet. It just turns 180 degrees right after the downhill section and goes back to the road.
Ha! My very first Moab experience! It was just a 5-6 point turn. Knowing what I know now, I shouldn't have been concerned about getting trapped down there. :)

Reactions: jodomcfrodo
Not the best pictures. We did the northern 2/3rds of Fins tonight. It was a little rainy and it was getting dark so we took an early exit out right at the very end.

I can easily see how someone can get in big trouble at night. The black trail disappears under the headlights. But the rain really wasn't an issue at all. I am still amazed by the traction. Granted, I'm on the easy trail. But so far, I have never chirped a tire. And I am taking every difficult line I can find.

We finished the job, so Hell's Revenge is tomorrow morning!

20190306_172146.jpg

20190306_181906.jpg

20190306_175449.jpg

20190306_175240.jpg

20190306_174735.jpg

20190306_174733.jpg

20190306_173411.jpg

20190306_175419.jpg

20190306_175409.jpg

20190306_175328.jpg

Moab is my second favorite town in the US (that I've been to at least). I bet it will be one of the most popular vacation destinations in the United States in 10-20 years. They've just started building some more expensive houses out there from what I can tell. It is definitely on its way up.

Hell's is a great trail. Have fun tomorrow!

Reactions: JMT and jjvw
After having driving through your mountains I can see where you guys would greatly benefit from a blower on the engine. Have you considered a supercharger?