Daily Driver, Go Where I Want To Build

Just thought of something. If I raise the rear frame to eliminate the body lift pucks, then I have no hope of reaching in behind the cross member to insert the pin. Hmmm...

I have the Next Venture hitch bumper.
1562252733434.png1562252776332.png1562252811731.png1562252852800.png1562252918932.png

I have the genright version. It has frame supports but I can’t remember if it wraps around the bottom, but it doesn’t appear to. I’ll have to look at it again. I do like annoying people at the mall with my stupidly bright reverse lights though.

Reactions: TJ Starting
Practically an exact copy of the Genright version.

Agreed. Not enough wrapping arounding. Especially if I am going to add a reciever to it, let alone landing on it.

Last edited:
I am looking at the non-hitch version of the Next Venture. My current reluctance about yours and the Swag version is that I want to change the hitch reciever, so why pay for stuff that I need to cut off and likely not reuse.
I agree. No need to pay extra for something you wont need. Just wanted to show you how the bumper wraps around the crossmember.

Reactions: jjvw
Aesthetically, I like Next Venture more than Swag with their dimple die piece. Whatever I cobble together will look similar to yours.

Looking at the pics of the NV, it looks like (at a minimum) I can sink the mount about an inch in so that the pin is right up against the plate. Ideally, I would figure out a way to get the pin behind the crossmember.

Aesthetically, I like Next Venture more than Swag with their dimple die piece. Whatever I cobble together will look similar to yours.

Looking at the pics of the NV, it looks like (at a minimum) I can sink the mount about an inch in so that the pin is right up against the plate. Ideally, I would figure out a way to get the pin behind the crossmember.

Once you have the bumper it will be easier to visualize and fit most likely. I have been looking at the same bumper as well as sinking a hitch so I’m interested in how it goes.

Once you have the bumper it will be easier to visualize and fit most likely. I have been looking at the same bumper as well as sinking a hitch so I’m interested in how it goes.

There is about 2" of empty space between the back side of the cross member and the gas tank. If I cut a wide enough window in the crossmember, I wonder if I could recess an open faced box into the bumper plate to make room to insert the hitch pin from the outside. That should allow the reciever to be pushed in about 3" and also be used normally.

How important is the rear cross member to the structure of the rear?

Last edited:
I wanna see 10 grade 8 bolts when it gets there. ...

Without a doubt. There might even be 12 bolts if my hole counting ability is accurate.

... You do know that you don't have to run the pin horizontally, right?

The hitches would need to be redrilled for a vertical pin. That might open up options. I'm still thinking about a future with the raised rear closing off access to behind.