Daily Driver, Go Where I Want To Build

Reactions: jjvw
Will you be adding a way to organize within or just throw everything in loose?

Last night I finally came up with how I want to store tools in my Jeep.

Loose for now. Everything I usually carry packs in pretty well. Though I might try to reduce the bulk more.
20200111_180507.jpg

Two other updates.

The engine has been feeling a less smooth recently and startup had been slightly longer to fire up. Mileage is down as well. I realized I haven't paid much attention to the air filter. It was embarrassingly filthy compared to the new one. That helped a bit. Then I decided to spray in a full can of throttle body cleaner into the running engine today. That made a huge difference. The engine is smooth and quiet again and I would argue that there is more power now.

I also received my Savvy engine skid. The steel parts are painted. I tried installing only to find that the Magnaflow y pipe I put in several years ago sits too far forward of the oil pan. Now I get to figure that out. I think I can cut below the mini cats before the twin tubes wrap around the front of the pan and pull them closer in.

Reactions: tworley and rasband
And I noticed that the power steering pressure side hose is leaking. I found a Mopar hose on eBay. I'll flush the system and replace the hose soon.

I also received my Savvy engine skid. The steel parts are painted. I tried installing only to find that the Magnaflow y pipe I put in several years ago sits too far forward of the oil pan. Now I get to figure that out. I think I can cut below the mini cats before the twin tubes wrap around the front of the pan and pull them closer in.

Now I'm having flashbacks. The single biggest issue I had with the complete Savvy skid system was the exhaust. I must have taken it apart 4 times, cutting, adjusting and fixing in place. My issue was more about the Cat clearing the cross-member on a '99. I ended up having to both cut the pipe and move it, as well as clearancing the cross-member.

When it was finally done, I was happy. It was the most difficult skid system I've installed, but it was also the best. Now I have one waiting to put on my LJ!

Now I'm having flashbacks. The single biggest issue I had with the complete Savvy skid system was the exhaust. I must have taken it apart 4 times, cutting, adjusting and fixing in place. My issue was more about the Cat clearing the cross-member on a '99. I ended up having to both cut the pipe and move it, as well as clearancing the cross-member.

When it was finally done, I was happy. It was the most difficult skid system I've installed, but it was also the best. Now I have one waiting to put on my LJ!

The exhaust might be the most frustrating thing about the build. It's always in the way of something.

Reactions: Irun
it's a nice lookin piece.
it's on my list, but not until the front end is done. i may need to rework the hanger.

Reactions: jjvw
The exhaust might be the most frustrating thing about the build. It's always in the way of something.

Currently mine is ghetto spacered off the front control arm mount... 6 months later and I’m not jumping to fix it. Of course I would if I had the added savvy protection sitting there, can’t wait to see it on at April Phools ;)

Currently mine is ghetto spacered off the front control arm mount... 6 months later and I’m not jumping to fix it. Of course I would if I had the added savvy protection sitting there, can’t wait to see it on at April Phools ;)

Hopefully I can can get the skid and a few other things done by then.

Reactions: rasband
Jeep looks great. I like the look of these fenders.

What else do you need to do to the Jeep do get 35s in there working as good as your current 33s? Will shocks/lift have to change?

As of now, 35s would bolt on with very little trouble. The shocks and bumps don't need to change.

Reactions: psrivats