Daily Driver, Go Where I Want To Build

This is 100% a guess, but since some states outlaw spacers entirely, I can't imagine stacked spacers is a good idea.

As with any fastener, proper torque and inspection make stacking a spacer totally reasonable if they are both machined units. The only disadvantage is having to remove one spacer to check torque on the other. If you want to buy the aluminum stock I can make some to your 3.5” specs on the CNC.

Anything beyond 33" tires start looking a bit silly on 15" wheels, imo. I like 16/17 inch wheels for 35s in terms of looks. Lots of boring options for JKs out there but nothing that looks as good as factory ones imo. Blaine has said he likes the JK Moabs for his builds too. Your current spacers are for clearance reasons, I presume?

There are only a few BL I would consider for aesthetic reasons. And before that, I would need to rule out internal beadlocks. I want to keep the Jeep looking boring and ordinary for what it is.
My helper has one of my favorite bead locks on his XJ. He took a set of Moabs to OMF and had them converted.

Reactions: jjvw
My helper has one of my favorite bead locks on his XJ. He took a set of Moabs to OMF and had them converted.

Do you know about what the OMF conversion cost him? For what I'm seeing JK Moabs selling for locally, this could be a way to go for beadlocks in the future.

Do you know about what the OMF cost him? For what I'm seeing JK Moabs selling for locally, this could be a way to go for beadlocks in the future.
I don't know what it cost and that would likely not be relevant anyway since he has had them since 04 or so. I've got very mixed feelings on that conversion. I trust OMF, I've run Champions, but I know what aluminum does when it is welded. I've seen a set of Champions that started separating at the weld. It would be a very tough call for me to run a set if I wanted them. That isn't a recommendation either way.

Reactions: toximus and jjvw
I just did a bunch a research online and found that JK Moabs are 5.5” backspacing (waiting on Blaine to confirm) which is only .5” more than our tj moabs. That’s shouldn’t be a hard spacer to find and make work.

How do I know that this pile of five JK wheels I bought today are real OEM Jeep? Should they have a Mopar star on the inside? They don't.
20190912_204253.jpg

That doesn't seem right. My day got away from me early so I didn't get to measure one of the rims but I'll get to it tomorrow.

Everything I've found says all JK wheels are 6.25", but I have trust issues with that.

Everything I've found says all JK wheels are 6.25", but I have trust issues with that.
Here is what I know. I am running a set with the stock tires on a stock rig. I have Rubi flares on it. I used a set of wheel adapters that was 1.25" and had to swap them out for 1.00" because the tire was hitting the flare on bigger bumps.

Reactions: jjvw

I just checked my spare, a JKUR Moab. (Black powdercoated Call of Duty Edition, if that matters.)

It's definitely 6" backspacing.

IMG_9611.JPG

Also, no Mopar Star as far as I can see.

IMG_9607.JPG

IMG_9611.JPG