Dash bar for TJs?

Everything I saw on the Internet bad with Smitty built roll cage kit was prior to 2012 it seems they updated it and it is comparable to the rock hard unit. Using the same diameter tubing and similar clamps and looks fairly similar
I bought the smittybilt After looking at both. It is a great cage and every bit as strong and great cage as Rock Hard. No knock on Rock Hard, I liked the Smittbilt a little better and it was a lot cheaper!

Its a fairly simple design though. I'm sure you could find someone to build one for you. I could build one and send it to you if you cant find something and still want one.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kiwi TJ
I use the 67designs clamps onto my Rock Hard 4x4 bars

67.jpg

IMG_4550.jpg

Reactions: Kiwi TJ
Please do. The one posted by blackbetty was looking nice. Will you be using it with full doors? I would want to use my full or tube doors with no interference problems.
Haven't done much with it....life gets in the way. I do have all the pieces made, just have to weld and paint. They do not interfere with full doors whatsoever.

Long time stalker, just signed up and first time posting.

I'm curious if you can get dash bars for TJs? Similar to the ones I see in JKs, see below image.

Thoughts?

I haven't caught up on all the comments yet, so maybe someone already linked this thread, but it's a good example.

Also, here are some pics of something that looks a lot like what @Blackbetty posted above. In fact, I'm wondering if maybe they are his work again.

IMG_6284.JPG

IMG_6285.JPG

IMG_6286.jpeg

IMG_6287.jpeg

Reactions: TJ Starting
I never heard anything more from Greg so I havent got any made yet. I did get a price though, figured $175+shipping unpainted. Feel free to PM if you have any questions or anything else.