Dave Kishpaugh's (Jeep West) Geometry Correction Bracket Measurements

So you are saying that the JW Geo Correction does NOT improve the performance off road at all? That’s it’s zero gain?
Where it mattered there was no improvement over stock lifted short arms.

I've had one offroad outing with the swayloc but it was enough that I'm certain it improved offroad ability vs being disconnected. At the end of the day I specifically thought about how several spots caught my attention as discomfortingly off camber-looking but how at no point during the day did my Jeep actually make me nervous about it. That was a new experience.
I’m not disputing the SwayLOC and it’s improvement over stock or disconnected, it works as well as an Antirock off road and is indeed an improvement for on road.

I'd like for one day to just be able to look at a suspension design and know if/how it could be improved
not an easy thing to do........but understanding link separation and being able to visualize the link lines and find a guestimate of the intersection points, can show some of the weeds hiding in the flower bed.

Reactions: jjvw
Define “where it mattered” for us please?
Where suspension geometry in a TJ matters. That is far less meaningful on the street. Meaning I think it is misplaced focus to fix suspension geometry specifically for the street. Especially when I know corrected geometry for off-road along with very good shocks and sway bars performs amazingly well on pavement.

1651101463541.gif

Where suspension geometry in a TJ matters. That is far less meaningful on the street. Meaning I think it is misplaced focus to fix suspension geometry specifically for the street. Especially when I know corrected geometry for off-road along with very good shocks and sway bars performs amazingly well on pavement.
The question wasn’t really answered. Does the JW Geo correction improve off road in any way shape or form. Not specifically “where it matters” but really there is zero gain by adding them?

The question wasn’t really answered. Does the JW Geo correction improve off road in any way shape or form. Not specifically “where it matters” but really there is zero gain by adding them?
No.

I appreciate skepticism.
I know I was skeptical.
My 4" JeepWest setup on 35s with a rear auto locker (yuck, it'll be a 35 spline ARB soon) is awesome off-road and on.

All I can say if you're caravaning with me is...
I'll be waiting at the stop sign for you, finishing up my lunch. ROTFL
I was even sick with the 'rona in this video - before it was a thing.

Before you think I'm joking, even stock Jeeps struggle to keep up.

Off-road, this thing is a freaking champ.
34FE0CB0-ABB8-49DE-9658-3FEA18F85CA2.jpeg

Last edited:
I appreciate skepticism.
I know I was skeptical.
My 4" JeepWest setup on 35s with a rear auto locker (yuck, it'll be a 35 spline ARB soon) is awesome off-road and on.

All I can say if you're caravaning with me is...
I'll be waiting at the stop sign for you, finishing up my lunch. ROTFL
I was even sick with the 'rona in this video - before it was a thing.

Before you think I'm joking, even stock Jeeps struggle to keep up.

Off-road, this thing is a freaking champ.
View attachment 326201

That's cute.

Reactions: rasband and tworley
this link risers kinda make sense to me when the frame brackets are not abandoned, used in a SA application ...........but i don't understand them incorporated into that rendition of a MA. if your riser design is inline with the upper truss mounted links why not use the location and loose the TB as well. was the option not opened as soon as the OE frame brackets got abandoned?

I wish there could be an honest conversation about the merits or shortcomings of the system without condescension and snark. There are those of us that actually care about how it works and why various design choices were made and that doesn't work when the discussion becomes judgmental and sarcastic, because reading emotion in a comment impairs my willingness to believe what's being said as factual. It's coming from both sides and it annoys the shit out of me.