Dave Kishpaugh's (Jeep West) geometry correction brackets are now available

Status
Not open for further replies.
my eyes are old and i'm trying to stay focused on the skipping stones.

This all started after a few here got the vague idea that they should do something to the front the same way they got the vague idea they want to do something to the rear.

The front and rear behave differently. There are things we can control in the rear that we can't control up front. There are things we want to control up front that don't apply to the rear.

Reactions: someguysjeep
This all started after a few here got the vague idea that they should do something to the front the same way they got the vague idea they want to do something to the rear.

The front and rear behave differently. There are things we can control in the rear that we can't control up front. There are things we want to control up front that don't apply to the rear.
I guess that explains why your whole Jeep front and rear are hopping together.

https://wranglertjforum.com/threads...-brackets-are-now-available.43364/post-878666

This thread has been very interesting to me despite becoming somewhat heated in moments. It’s a lot of information to digest and sift through but I feel like I have learned some valuable stuff. Something notable about this thread is that at least no one here is pro long arm. That goes to show that this forum is ahead of the curve thanks to its veteran members. To celebrate, here’s a video of a bunch of long arm tj’s and lj’s doing wheelies and floppping over backwards:

This thread has been very interesting to me despite becoming somewhat heated in moments. It’s a lot of information to digest and sift through but I feel like I have learned some valuable stuff. Something notable about this thread is that at least no one here is pro long arm. That goes to show that this forum is ahead of the curve thanks to its veteran members. To celebrate, here’s a video of a bunch of long arm tj’s and lj’s doing wheelies and floppping over backwards:

Best post so far

If I’m not mistaken, the point of the front midarm is primarily to keep the front axle from walking under the Jeep during extreme droop. With a short arm and 12” shocks the control arms can reach a dangerously steep angle at droop. With a midarm that problem is solved. The 3 link is primarily a packaging fix as well since I’m sure Johnny joints would support full travel even if there was a 4th link. There’s just not enough room for a 4th midarm link correct?

If I’m not mistaken, the point of the front midarm is primarily to keep the front axle from walking under the Jeep during extreme droop. With a short arm and 12” shocks the control arms can reach a dangerously steep angle at droop. With a midarm that problem is solved. The 3 link is primarily a packaging fix as well since I’m sure Johnny joints would support full travel even if there was a 4th link. There’s just not enough room for a 4th midarm link correct?
exhaust tube hogs most of the room needed to get a clean line to the axle off the inner frame rail from that position.

You're in denial.
Im gonna take a guess that wasnt "dampened wheel hop" when @jjvw did that climb he went over that "bump" and only "hopped" when he went over it due to the change in center of gravity. Others hopped up the whole hill, while his with the midarm bounced on that one spot. If he didnt go over that, I think it would have been pretty smooth. Watching that vid makes me think if he let off the throttle just a tad to let the traction grip up, then that wouldnt have happened right?

Not directed at anyone but damn it's funny for this thread😂🤣

FB_IMG_1621104402285.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.