Destroying Jeeps

chino1969

TJ Addict
Supporting Member
I watch many videos of people literally destroying their Jeeps trying to do things that are impossible. The limitations of equipment, material selection, driving skills and plain common sense over ride glitzy products offered by so many manufacturers of off road equipment.

I watch many videos of people literally destroying their Jeeps trying to do things that are impossible. The limitations of equipment, material selection, driving skills and plain common sense over ride glitzy products offered by so many manufacturers of off road equipment.

Of course there are limitations but the biggest limit seems to be intelligence.

The new thing is to buy a jl and become YouTube famous

0A1413AC-168E-428E-8C5B-74BA59A22116.png

View attachment 92508

I read about this accident over on the JL wrangler forum. The person who did this was going over an obstacle and got high centered. To free himself, he gave it the ol' skinny pedal which worked too well. He came off the obstacle, skipped forward and to the left. He took out a spectator who was watching (rumored to have lost one of her legs in the accident) and deposited his jeep in the crevice you see in the pictures. The women was medivaced from the area.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...us-accident-at-2019-easter-jeep-safari.27764/

Reactions: KennedyLJ

View attachment 92508

This is the type of incident I was referring to. Having all of the equipment in the world will not give you the skill set or common sense to know yours and your vehicle's limitations.

>>>Update: Actually I just read more about this and my mistake was in calling this before I had all of the facts. This was an accident and not intentional. The owner of this Jeep is saddened by the fact a bystander was injured and I apologize for jumping the gun. I'll post an example of what I was initially referring to if I can find the video again.

Last edited:
The trick nowadays is finding one that hasn't been ruined.

Indeed it is! I sold my last 2000 XJ Limited (which was literally flawless with low miles) for $9500. That's how badly people want a clean, unmolested XJ these days!

Indeed it is! I sold my last 2000 XJ Limited (which was literally flawless with low miles) for $9500. That's how badly people want a clean, unmolested XJ these days!
Same thing for the Toyota pre-Tacoma 4x4 trucks. Especially the 1984 (?) and earlier solid axles. Kids have seemingly hacked up and abused every last one in North America.

Same thing for the Toyota pre-Tacoma 4x4 trucks. Especially the 1984 (?) and earlier solid axles. Kids have seemingly hacked up and abused every last one in North America.

Very true! At one point I was looking for a solid axle older Toyota, and was shocked to find what clean, unmolested ones were going for!