Did I just purchase a problem?

Back to the so called "rust". I drilled the drain holes, then blasted the inside of the frame with the pressure washer. Then after it dried, I took the gallon of Fluid Film I had, I sprayed that into the frame. Painted the frame with primer, then black paint. I also plugged the frame holes on the sides of the frame to keep crap out.

I live in Maine where Jeeps come pre-rusted from the factory. What you have isn't rust its rust stains on metal.

Reactions: Hopper
Back to the so called "rust". I drilled the drain holes, then blasted the inside of the frame with the pressure washer. Then after it dried, I took the gallon of Fluid Film I had, I sprayed that into the frame. Painted the frame with primer, then black paint. I also plugged the frame holes on the sides of the frame to keep crap out.

I live in Maine where Jeeps come pre-rusted from the factory. What you have isn't rust its rust stains on metal.
Exactly where and how big are the holes you used for the drains?

Exactly where and how big are the holes you used for the drains?
I drilled where the brackets are welded on for the control arms. If you look at the brackets there is a hole. I was told that since the brackets are welded on either side of the frame its the perfect spot to drill. I used a 3/8 drill I think, I remember it fit right up into the hole.

drill (2).jpg

I bought this 2004 blue LJ and I went over this thing like crazy and everything looked flawless with zero rust. I get home today to take the chrome steps off and I am crawling around under neath again. Except this time I spot rust inside the frame by the front lower control arms...... I should have caught this before but having already purchased this, how bad did I screw up?

2004 LJ 83k miles

first picture is passenger side
Second is driver side

I stuck a scope inside some of the holes but I guess I missed these two.

I will scope around some more later tonight when my neighbor gets home with the scope.

View attachment 221306

View attachment 221310

View attachment 221312
In comparison see my photos This is what i found and i thought i looked super hard!! PO put bondo!

3935892C-EA69-4B5F-A14D-D37615E4C0FF.jpeg

AF0BE826-9A65-469A-961F-9096B9682C43.jpeg

In comparison see my photos This is what i found and i thought i looked super hard!! PO put bondo!

View attachment 221628

View attachment 221629
Years ago I had bought a 68 Mustang Convertible, po/someone did a similar patch up on the frame...my bad for thinking I was "expert" enough to check out a know rusting type vehicle. Took a big hit selling it with full disclosure:mad:

I bought this 2004 blue LJ and I went over this thing like crazy and everything looked flawless with zero rust. I get home today to take the chrome steps off and I am crawling around under neath again. Except this time I spot rust inside the frame by the front lower control arms...... I should have caught this before but having already purchased this, how bad did I screw up?

2004 LJ 83k miles

first picture is passenger side
Second is driver side

I stuck a scope inside some of the holes but I guess I missed these two.

I will scope around some more later tonight when my neighbor gets home with the scope.

View attachment 221306

View attachment 221310

View attachment 221312
Once you get over the "I feel Stupid" phase safteycap is a great solution
safe t cap parts are in route. Thanks. When I’m done this Lj will be ready for a whole new life!!🇺🇸

I'm late to this thread but new to the forum. As others have said, that's nothing to even be concerned about. Around here that would be considered "rust free".