Did I just purchase a problem?

This is why this needs step by step, I know Eastwood is the final coating. I am asking if I should put in a rust converting product first then let it dry and use Eastwood. Eastwood, to my understanding, will coat and protect but if there is rust underneath it will continue under that coating.

Did you even read the page?

the steps are
1. clean out your frame and let dry
2. spray internal frame coating
3. walk away

Reactions: Hopper
Did you even read the page?

the steps are
1. clean out your frame
2. spray internal frame coating
3. walk away
Yes, I read the thread, researched other threads and many more sites as well. You are not answering my question and that is fine. Mnay plavces have mentioned a step 1.5 which is to kill the rust before coating. If you don't subscribe to that, fine, but there are other places that recommend it saying that the Eastwood coating traps rust that will continue to eat the frame. I was asking fo rinput on that.

North east Jeeper here chiming in.

That’s nothing to fear. You can simply spray it with a rust dissolver, such as the Rustoleum brand. Works fantastic. Or hit it with Fluid Film, or any type of wax such as Cosmoline (not cheap, though) to keep the rust from ‘growing’.

I well ‘lubricated’ frame, whether it be old use oil or WD-40, is a protected frame.

Mainly pissed off I didn’t catch this before. We made 2 trips to check it out before pulling the trigger

That’s still not the problem, her being 100% ok with every purchase towards the Jeep is the problem! I’m the one having to tell her no
You need to have your man card removed if you are telling your wife "NO" to any jeep part

• Haha
Reactions: Irun and Hopper