Differential caps orientation question

Bearings tend to wear into their matching race...caps holding them on need to be marked as to which side and what end is up.

Where are you in Oregon?

-
My bearings were shot at 100k. You could just have a shop press new ones on the carrier. They aren't expensive and you have it out already. It's just another option, I think there is nothing wrong with guessing either. The front diff doesn't do a whole lot most of the time.
I think this is the route Iā€™m going to go actually. I already have it out and the Jeep is at 100k. My mechanic does a lot of front end rebuilds and said he could press new bearings on no problem. Thanks for the suggestion!

I think this is the route Iā€™m going to go actually. I already have it out and the Jeep is at 100k. My mechanic does a lot of front end rebuilds and said he could press new bearings on no problem. Thanks for the suggestion!

You have a 50/50 chance of getting out right. If you are wrong, you may never know. And 100 miles isn't a whole lot for diff bearings that have been maintained.