Dog breeds

Looks like a lot of Australian Cattle Dog in Rooster. I have a real soft spot for ACDs and Border Collies, they are great dogs.
I know she said Border Collie, but you may be right. I don’t really know. He is a stinker, and full of energy though. Cute as all get out, and just when you think he wants to lick your face, he chews on your beard instead. He peed on the wife’s rug, fell in the coy pond, drug out a pair of panties from the laundry room, and tried to run off with the tv remote. Hilarious!
Good thing he lives at my daughters place. Holy cow!

We have an Australian Kelpi. She’s been about the smartest dog I’ve ever had. Well tempered and extremely loyal. Just don’t threaten her kids because she’ll protect them with her life. She used to love going for rides but she’s 16 years old now and can’t get in and out of the Jeep. It’s going to be really hard to say goodbye when the time comes.

Reactions: Airjunky and Fixer6
We have an Australian Kelpi. She’s been about the smartest dog I’ve ever had. Well tempered and extremely loyal. Just don’t threaten her kids because she’ll protect them with her life.

That sounds a lot like my last ACD. He was a cold blooded assassin if he felt my daughters were threatened. My Border Collie would herd my kids when they were small, but the Cattle Dog looked at everything as a potential meal.

Reactions: Nimbley
My Izzy Has stages she goes through with people. She won’t trust you, then she won’t like you and then she loves you and once you are part of her family she will protect you with her life. High energy and very smart. The breed is used for baying wild boar and are supposed to be good cattle dogs as well. To me she is just a crazy awesome pup that keeps me on my toes!

Last edited:
I lost my 16 year old Border Collie mix yesterday. She had a tumor in her chest and yesterday was the day I've been dreading. My daughters and wife went with me, and we were all there for her last moments. I loved that dog, and this one is going to take a while to get over.

IMG_0150.JPG

I lost my 16 year old Border Collie mix yesterday. She had a tumor in her chest and yesterday was the day I've been dreading. My daughters and wife went with me, and we were all there for her last moments. I loved that dog, and this one is going to take a while to get over.

View attachment 111708
Damn dude that sucks...what a beautiful pup. So sorry for your loss.

Reactions: zebra12

View attachment 111708

Sorry to hear of the loss.
Your dog looked like she was having a blast in the picture.

Reactions: zebra12
20171122_141810.jpg
20171128_142742.jpg

This is my old brindal pit (mixed with something I think)
He was extremely loyal and well mannered, after a lot of training of course. Never a problem with my super young children. When we brought my son home from the hospital Sonny wouldn't leave my son's side for nearly two weeks. Quite rowdy and rambunctious if you got him wiled up.
A sport dog hunting shock collar helped me a ton. Because I didn't have a lot of time to train him the "conventional way"
After two weeks of taking him on walks every night when I got home and use of the collar to correct behavior, I could take him anywhere with no leash and seldom needed to zap him. A lot of people say it's animal abuse, but I got a collar that had 10 levels of shock. He was a large dog, nearly 100lbs of solid muscle. I never went past level 3 on the collar. Tested it on myself all 10 levels before I ever put it on him. I knew if there was ever any thing I absolutely couldn't get him away from, a zap on 6( had to do it once when he hopped my 6ft privacy fence and got into a little tussle with another male dog, I also couldn't see him) and a call for him to heel. He prompt hopped back over into our yard and came to lie down at my feet. Other dog still raising caine.

After he was gone )':
We got a new little puppy yesterday. She's warming up nicely to her new home.

123_1_07.jpeg

Beagle mountain cur mix

Last edited:
Reactions: Mud dauber
We lost Richard to cancer a few months ago.

But our friends conspired and we now have a 5 year old Rotti/Boxer rescue from a reserve in Manitoba. I have to say, reservation dogs are the best. They run loose with other dogs and they play all day with the kids on the reserve, they are very well socialized.

But the Boxer part is crazy. He can run or swim forever.

DSC_0032.jpeg

After a run at the beach tho he is tuckered out.

DSCN1499.jpg