Dollars and no sense...

Well, I won't soon forget this tactic, I assure you! :)

That’s always my logic. If you’re going to spend upwards of $500 on something, there’s always some room to negotiate. The more you spend, the more room there is.

Case in point, one of my guitars was $5600. I talked them down to $4800! I found out later they get them for about $3800, so even then, they still made $1000 off me! But I walked away happy.

That’s always my logic. If you’re going to spend upwards of $500 on something, there’s always some room to negotiate. The more you spend, the more room there is.

Case in point, one of my guitars was $5600. I talked them down to $4800! I found out later they get them for about $3800, so even then, they still made $1000 off me! But I walked away happy.

I've done my fair share of wheelin' and dealin' in the past, but just never thought to say "I'd like 10% off the price", especially when it was already "sale priced". I have to admit that I thought you must have been mistaken when you suggested it. Never been so happy to be wrong!!!

Reactions: Chris
I've done my fair share of wheelin' and dealin' in the past, but just never thought to say "I'd like 10% off the price", especially when it was already "sale priced". I have to admit that I thought you must have been mistaken when you suggested it. Never been so happy to be wrong!!!

Haha, well I’m glad you saved some money. I know how these big box retailers work. Next time you buy a new TV, make sure to do the same thing as well!

Reactions: Squatch
I like tools
289d8e94c0f37170c3b2767bd193effa.jpg
5c1dad262c77e7ffda05eb20fb34db73.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like tools too....So much so that I built a $40,000 shop to keep them in! :)

Also, @Chris' tip about asking for money off is absolutely true. I just recently bought a new Kamado grill...They have 5 different colors at Home Depot. 4 out the 5 colors were on sale, but the one color I wanted (black) was not. I asked them if I bought right then, would they mark down the black one to match the others (15% off). Took about 1 minute for them to tell me yes. This was over chat, online even...not even in the store!

Last edited:
I like tools

Sorry to hijack, but I have a Craftsman table saw and a sander / band saw I got used and I didn't get a miter gage with either of them. They have different size slots even. Looked up on searspartsdirect and it's not available. Got a good source for parts like that?

Also, what's the jig setup for? Making cabinet panels??

Sorry to hijack, but I have a Craftsman table saw and a sander / band saw I got used and I didn't get a miter gage with either of them. They have different size slots even. Looked up on searspartsdirect and it's not available. Got a good source for parts like that?

Also, what's the jig setup for? Making cabinet panels??

I make most of my jigs and fixtures. Check with Woodcraft or Rockler for the parts you are looking for. The jig you see on my table saw is a cross cut sled. It’s used for making precise cross cuts, much better than using a miter bar. I’m in the process of making custom cabinets for a friends class A motor home.

Reactions: divit250r

Also, @Chris' tip about asking for money off is absolutely true. I just recently bought a new Kamado grill...They have 5 different colors at Home Depot. 4 out the 5 colors were on sale, but the one color I wanted (black) was not. I asked them if I bought right then, would they mark down the black one to match the others (15% off). Took about 1 minute for them to tell me yes. This was over chat, online even...not even in the store!

Yep, this is why I always ask. The manufacturers of most expensive products build in large profit margins just for this purpose.

My shop is 1600 square feet, finished and heated. Never enough room!

I was only allowed (by the stupid township) to build 720 sq ft. SO...I put attic trusses in, build to maximum height, width and length allowed, and ended up with 1080!

My shop sq footage doesn’t include my upper storage. I like having the space up above but I have found that there is endless amounts of crap you can hide up there![emoji36]

Reactions: divit250r
Yep, this is why I always ask. The manufacturers of most expensive products build in large profit margins just for this purpose.

So, I dropped in to pay for the toolboxes, and a different "associate" was confused by the 10% off. Stated that he has worked there for seven years and used to be a floor manager, and he had never heard of this before. Said it wasn't doable with the sale price already $300 off the list price. But when he pulled it up on the system, there it was...the reduced price I had been quoted. Woo-hoo! So, that's what I paid. Don't think I'll be dealing with this dude for any future purchases. You would have thought I was taking the money directly out of his pocket...

Glad you got it!! Pictures or it didn't happen....

LOL Gotta create a spot for it first. Probably will pick it up Saturday. But yeah, thanks! I was hesitant to let the wife know that I bought more garage stuff, but I eventually did. She was pretty sore at me, but not for the reason you'd think. She was upset that I would never let her spend the $$$ on one for me every time she had offered through the past few years. Wow! I got a good one in this lady, fellas! :)

Reactions: Kiwi TJ
LOL Gotta create a spot for it first. Probably will pick it up Saturday. But yeah, thanks! I was hesitant to let the wife know that I bought more garage stuff, but I eventually did. She was pretty sore at me, but not for the reason you'd think. She was upset that I would never let her spend the $$$ on one for me every time she had offered through the past few years. Wow! I got a good one in this lady, fellas! :)
Shes a keeper buddy...(must be that New Zealand influence as a kid haha)...looking forward to seeing it parked in its space.

Yes you do! Keeper for sure!

So, I dropped in to pay for the toolboxes, and a different "associate" was confused by the 10% off. Stated that he has worked there for seven years and used to be a floor manager, and he had never heard of this before. Said it wasn't doable with the sale price already $300 off the list price. But when he pulled it up on the system, there it was...the reduced price I had been quoted. Woo-hoo! So, that's what I paid. Don't think I'll be dealing with this dude for any future purchases. You would have thought I was taking the money directly out of his pocket...
Congrats! You got a steal!